AVS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is the link : harmony 659

i hope this is not out of subject ,thought it could help it come out to $57 w/ shipping

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I'd get one if I didn't already have a 680. Definitely a good deal for a harmony. There is a Remote Control forum on AVS so yeah you are a bit off topic posting it here but I doubt anybody really cares.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yes, it will work with the 360.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
So that is good that it will work with the 360. Does anyone actually have this remote? If so, do they like it?

·
Registered
589 Posts
I have it... have had it for a few years now and have bought 2 as gifts and have a friend

who's bought himself one.

They're great remotes... they can do everything the newer Harmony remotes can, only they

don't have the (battery eating) full color screen.

The real benefit comes in if you have surround sound and want to easily use that for your

audio instead of the TV speakers. If all you have is a DVD player, a cable/sat box, and a

TV, it's not really as useful IMO if your cable/sat remote can control the others.

Also for the WAF if the wife can't stand all the tech stuff.

Works with my 360 Elite too FWIW.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianEK /forum/post/0

just clicked the link and it is showing for $84.99, not $50. Did the sale end?

What the heck. I had the link open, hit refresh and the price jumped from 50 to 84.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I got one at Sam's for about $90 a few months ago, and though it was OK. Not the best for working with my DVR at the time (X360 as MCE extender), and my 2004 Pioneer recever was not getting along with it very well. The x-box issue was mainly due to the wird issues that it was having with the Guitar Hero controller plugged in. Just got a H/K AVR 147 (worst remote EVER!!!) so it's going to get re-programed tonight.

Now, that bing said, it is a very powerful remote. I wish it would actually have a "Game" button and a little more customization on the tack, but you can program about any complicated thing into it if you take the time. It also was compadible with just aobut every thing I had sitting around, but would be even nicer if it had Blue Tooth to be able to wake up the Wii.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Slickdeals.net says TigerDirect is now sold out directly on their site... but that Amazon has it

sold via TigerDirect at the sale price.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscboy /forum/post/0

Slickdeals.net says TigerDirect is now sold out directly on their site... but that Amazon has it

sold via TigerDirect at the sale price.

as i posted in the last message ,this is the new link
harmony 659

·
Registered
9,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalnoise /forum/post/0

for 84 I could get a used 880

where?!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.