AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
75" Samsung Q80R QLED, Denon AVR3300, Revel F36, C25, W263, FV15HP x 2, ATV4K, Sony Blu Ray, Harmony
8,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Just a fun thread to see what everyone would choose if money were not an object.  Choose something that would be realistic as far as size goes for your space that you would actually want to have, and what you have now.

I currently have(enroute), a PSA XS30.

Cost no object, with what I know now, I would possibly opt for a pair of Seaton Submersives in a dark espresso finish.

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
^^ With the space / home I have now? The XS30 (which is what I bought). Sure, I would love the SubM (it was at the top of my list), but it was complete overkill for my needs and too big for my space (I think the XS30 is too big, but I'm getting use to it). I was also thinking about the Sub2, the Gotham G213 and the Triax, but they are even bigger and a lot heavier.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Submersive. I have never read where anybody said anything negative, just smiles and giggles.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Hmmm so many tasty tasty options

In no real order. All in multiples as needed and preferable in a nice veneer.

Power Sound Audio Triax

Seaton Submersive

Funk Audio 18.0 or 18.1

JTR Sub 2

JTR captivator 2400W version

JTR Orbit Shifter LFU

Danley Sound Labs DTS-20 with JTR Growler (mid and high bass)

Paradigm sub 2

SVS PB Ultra 13

JL audio Gathom

Velodyne DD18+

And some big DIY bass horns like Josh Ricci made.

So many subs so little time......

·
Registered
795 Posts
Danley TH221

·
Banned
8,744 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve1981  /t/1521788/if-money-were-no-object-which-sub-s-would-you-pick-for-your-room#post_24460980

Funk 18.0 (I've got an SE on order) x4 (some day
). Hard hitting and practical (the SE is

·
Registered
696 Posts
It would all be overkill.....a friend of mine has a custom 08 ZO6 Corvette that was built by Katech (full racing motor package) with close to $45,000 invested (just for engine/tranny). He has never gone over 75mph

·
Registered
345 Posts
I would probably just do what notnyt did. How much more can there possibly be?

·
Registered
75" Samsung Q80R QLED, Denon AVR3300, Revel F36, C25, W263, FV15HP x 2, ATV4K, Sony Blu Ray, Harmony
8,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeamdman  /t/1521788/if-money-were-no-object-which-sub-s-would-you-pick-for-your-room#post_24460996

Mine.

nice...congrats!

·
Registered
437 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneeyeblind  /t/1521788/if-money-were-no-object-which-sub-s-would-you-pick-for-your-room#post_24460958

Hmmm so many tasty tasty options

In no real order. All in multiples as needed and preferable in a nice veneer.

Power Sound Audio Triax

Seaton Submersive

Funk Audio 18.0 or 18.1

JTR Sub 2

JTR captivator 2400W version

JTR Orbit Shifter LFU

Danley Sound Labs DTS-20 with JTR Growler (mid and high bass)

Paradigm sub 2

SVS PB Ultra 13

JL audio Gathom

Velodyne DD18+

And some big DIY bass horns like Josh Ricci made.

So many subs so little time......

This!

·
Registered
8,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Whats fun is to see who is actually happy with what they currently have with cost no object, who would resort to relatively minor, but substantial upgrades, and who would just go completely over the top with four orbit shiftrs, etc.  I don't have a dedicated theater room so the dual Submersives would be waaaaaaay more than I could ever actually fully use. 

·
Registered
1,151 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123  /t/1521788/if-money-were-no-object-which-sub-s-would-you-pick-for-your-room#post_24461214

Whats fun is to see who is actually happy with what they currently have with cost no object, who would resort to relatively minor, but substantial upgrades, and who would just go completely over the top with four orbit shiftrs, etc.  I don't have a dedicated theater room so the dual Submersives would be waaaaaaay more than I could ever actually fully use. 

For me that list is a bit of subs I would like to hear before I die list. And probably what I would pick from if I had no constraints. But honestly a Triax or two would likely be all I ever needed.... that would be my reference.

But I still love audio so hearing others options would still be a treat.

1 - 20 of 200 Posts