AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

i have 300+Gb of media files on my home NAS.  Obviously i cant transfer them to a droid or ipad.  Would i be able to play all my music via that connection?  

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Probably not. Most usb connections only work with smaller drives formatted as fat.

Ethernet server works on my receiver. I do use airplay most of the time. Easier to

find files on the computer screen. They sound the same and both shuffle.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Hmmm... i have a Win7 computer hooked up that i play movies and music from etc.  connected to my TV.  Would that whole thing work with a new receiver etc?  Im having trouble figuring out what i really need.  I dont really want to have to transfer files to a small storage device every time i want to listen to something.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
My computer is win 7 also. I don't normally play video from it, but I have connected the hdmi from it

straight to the stereo and both the audio and video worked. The video wasn't near as good as hd

from directv, nor bluray. I also bought a mhl to hdmi adapter from monoprice and was able to stream

audio/video from my smartphone to the aux hdmi input. Putting the internet router near the receiver

and connecting the Ethernet cable makes streaming audio simple. Can't stream video that way though.

It depends on the brand/model of receiver, but on most the usb input is only for firmware upgrades,

thumb drives and ipods. The receiver can control airplay music and display background video, but it

can't start playback from airplay. The server function can start playback, but managing the files/folders

onscreen is slow and limited viewing area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts