AVS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
FUGA processor. 0 black. Thin. glassless 3D. 70". $10,000 price tag.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
why beat yourself over it

·
Banned
202 Posts
You can blame the economy on Pioneer's plasma division's death, but even before the economy fell Pioneer never made a decent profit in their plasma division. They were expensive to make.

That being said, I do not expect the 9g Kuros to be beaten anytime soon.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
There has been no indication that Pioneer has any intention of resurrecting their flat panel division.

Makes no sense in ripping off a scab with the what ifs.

R.I.P. Kuro

·
Registered
291 Posts
The Pioneer technology may not have been able to meet the new energy consumption restrictions. In this case, the hypothetical answer is the same as reality: no new plasmas from Pioneer.

There is not much of a market at the $2000 price point, let alone the $4000 price point, for 50" plasma displays.

DelJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxHoosierdaddy /forum/post/19577420

What do you think Pioneer would have unveiled at CES 2011 if they never left the plasma business? Specs?

·
Registered
576 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelJ /forum/post/19581561

The Pioneer technology may not have been able to meet the new energy consumption restrictions. In this case, the hypothetical answer is the same as reality: no new plasmas from Pioneer.

There is not much of a market at the $2000 price point, let alone the $4000 price point, for 50" plasma displays.

DelJ

Really, why are people scrambling to pay that and more for the last of the 101s? I would gladly buy a 500M or 101 today for $2,000, if I didn't already have one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.