AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just as the title states! I know screen shots dont show alot..However id love to see the experience im in for when Hookin up the xbox or ps2 to play sports and other games!

Most interested in seeing them on the ae300or sanyo z1...But any others would be awesome too!

thanks

·
Registered
821 Posts
I would that also. Want to see an xbox console on 16:9 screen with a game that supports AND a game that doesn't support it.

·
Registered
6,339 Posts
Hey, if I could take good screenshots, I'd love to show you them on the z1. I guess it won't hurt to try and get some good ones.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rlindo
Hey, if I could take good screenshots, I'd love to show you them on the z1. I guess it won't hurt to try and get some good ones.
I look very forward to this. I'd absoloutely love to see some over this weekend, if you have the time.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey rlindo, if your going to take screenshots put me down too. My new projector (which will most likely be yours the Z1) is also going to be used for gaming

Games doesn't matter but if you have halo that's good or DOA 3 as for ps2 any games really are fine.

Also how far back do you sit and how do you have your consoles positioned as well since they have short cord distances

·
Registered
6,339 Posts
i was thinking DOA3 and xbox. maybe slap in madden or something as well. possibly nba2k3 for its 720p.

i sit about 15 or so feet from the screen. the consoles and other equipment or on a stand beside me.

the problem (aside from the fact my screenies always turn out junky) with taking snaps of games wiht the z1 is that i don't have the z1 set up. i need a ceiling mount. for the time being i have to use it on a table and use the legs which messes up the geometry a little.

I do, however, have the ae100 still setup and can take shots of it to fully show what 16x9 gaming and 4:3 gaming looks like on a 16x9 pj.

I can still take shots of the z1 in action bt they won't be all that great a represenation of the pj in my set-up.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rlindo
the problem (aside from the fact my screenies always turn out junky) with taking snaps of games wiht the z1 is that i don't have the z1 set up. i need a ceiling mount. for the time being i have to use it on a table and use the legs which messes up the geometry a little.

I do, however, have the ae100 still setup and can take shots of it to fully show what 16x9 gaming and 4:3 gaming looks like on a 16x9 pj.

I can still take shots of the z1 in action bt they won't be all that great a represenation of the pj in my set-up.
I'm not picky, I'll take both the shots of the ae100 and the z1. I'm interested in the z1, and I'm sure your setup doesn't make it impossible to get a good look at what the image comes out like. I'd also like to see examples of how 4:3 games look on a 16:9 screen; zoomed, stretched, true ratio and so forth.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Here are some screen shots from an XBOX connected with component cables to a Panasonic AE300 LCD Front Projector. The image is projected about 13ft onto an off-white wall. The pictures were taken from about 15ft from the wall.

The screen shots include:

Halo

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4

NBA Live 2003

Dead or Alive 3

each at 16 X 9 and 4 X 3.

http://www.u.arizona.edu/~rorr/xbox_proj/

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
*speechless*

I think I'm in love..

Gotta ask though.. why didnt you get NBA2K3 instead??

720P support

Online Gaming

Much better reviews

·
Registered
35 Posts
Quote:
Gotta ask though.. why didnt you get NBA2K3 instead??

720P support

Online Gaming

Much better reviews
I'm not sure, as it's not my game. :) I don't have any sports games, so I went from apartment to apartment until I found someone with a sports game so I could take some screen shots with it.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 is 720P though, and the graphics are noticably better than other XBOX games.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Great screenshots...

Doesn't DOA3 have widescreen 16x9 + 480p support?? The screenshot of DOA3 looks stretched. Any chance of going into the options menu, selecting 16x9, then taking another screenshot?

Thanks

·
Registered
110 Posts
Doesn't Tony Hawk also support 16:9? The image also looks stretched. I think you need to change a setting in the game besides also changing the projector to 16:9.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Halo looked streched in 16:9...doesn't it have a widescreen mode too?

Halo 2 is rumored to be 720p...if so, it should be "extra" sweeeet.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Everyone is right, the screen shots are stretched. I have been using the EvoX dashboard so long that I forgot about the widescreen TV setup in the Microsoft default dashboard. As soon as I did that the picture looked correct. I took new screen shots of THPS4 and DOA3 in 16 X 9, they have been updated on the webpage. The AE300 saw the Widescreen XBOX as a new input source, and reset the color settings I had for the 4:3 XBOX, so the color settings will be a bit off from the original screen shots. FWIW, the quality of the Widescreen/Progressive XBOX is night and day difference from 4:3/interlaced.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.