AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If the dust blob only shows up as green on black, which LCD panel is it on? Or is it not on a panel?

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Usually dust blobs defocuses or focuses at a different plane than the rest of the pixels. If your green spot focus sharply with the other pixel then you may have the dreaded but all too common "dead" or "stuck" pixel. Dust blob usually is larger or smaller than the other pixel too. If it's the exact square like the other pixel it also may be a pixel problem. If it flickers when you look closely at it then it's not dust blob. You can try canned compress air from a can with skinny red aim tube through the fan blade of your intake vent. Just don't over do it or invert the can or oil may ruin your optics and panels. Test the canned air on a tissue or glasses first befor squirting on your projector. Good luck. Welcome to the world of LCD projection :)

------------------

Huey ;-]

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Huey, I know that it is a dust blob and I'm fairly comfortable opening up the projector. What I don't know is which panel I should be aiming for. Thanks for the help though. Does anyone know which panel to aim for if the blob is green?

·
Registered
711 Posts
If the spot is green, diffuse and shows up during dark passages, it is on the green LCD panel. You should be able to defocus the projector and see the dust speck. As you defocus you may focus in on dust on the other panels also. These don't seem to affect the image quality like dust on the green panel does.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.