AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,049 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daye /forum/post/19581559

how many games can u put on it if u were to put games on it ?

X360 always reserves additional 512MB of each storage to store patches. For a 16GB flash drive, you get about 15GB user space after bytes to GB and 512MB reserved space.

So, it's best to use largest (16GB max) flash drive on X360 because a 1GB flash drive still has 512MB reserved by X360.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Too bad you can only use 16gb max. I suppose any larger would cannibalize their own HDD sales. Though I suppose you can have multiple 16gb sticks, but that reminds me of the dark ages with memory cards

·
Registered
13,584 Posts
Halo Reach and Block Ops each requires 6.5GB of storage space on my internal HDD. Install two of them nearly used up all the space on my 20GB HDD (5 to 6GBs are used/reserved by system on a HDD).

You can have up to 2 USB sticks IIRC. But with most of the USB ports burried deep inside the XBox casing (the original Xbox), it is hard to find a slim enough USB stick that also meets the speed requirements. So, I opt for the refurb 20GB HDDs ($25). If you have the new Slim, you have no choice.

·
Registered
4,790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonyeuw /forum/post/19582622

Too bad you can only use 16gb max. I suppose any larger would cannibalize their own HDD sales. Though I suppose you can have multiple 16gb sticks, but that reminds me of the dark ages with memory cards

You can use two of them for a max of 32 gigs.

·
Registered
10,547 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat121 /forum/post/19582738

You can have up to 2 USB sticks IIRC. But with most of the USB ports burried deep inside the XBox casing (the original Xbox), it is hard to find a slim enough USB stick that also meets the speed requirements.

I hate the that two front USB ports on the Slim are so far behind a small door with limited space.

I've had good luck with this one ... it fits well, not a "slider" so it won't collapse when inserting, and fast. Plus it comes with a handy short USB extension cable.

·
Registered
9,280 Posts

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I have had good luck with 2 different Kingston sticks...

I wonder if anyone has taken the time to partition a large external hard drive...into separate 16 gb drives...can you specifiy which partition from the dash? I know that if I have my son's stick plugged in to my Elite, (his gamer profile is loaded on to a stick, since he is always jumping back and forth from the old PRO to my Elite...) it always asks which drive to save to...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.