AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my rant. I come to the AVS/HD-DVD forum for news on HD-DVD. I do not come here to read countless opinions on wether my purchase was valid or not. If you are posting in this forum just to attack other posters who are enthusiastic about HD-DVD, why not post somewhere else. If you are enthusiastic about Blu-Ray, post in the Blu-Ray forum. If this is not important to this forum, then let's remove the following line from the forum description.

If you are not here for HD DVD, move on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,484 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeLindsey /forum/post/0


Here's my rant. I come to the AVS/HD-DVD forum for news on HD-DVD. I do not come here to read countless opinions on wether my purchase was valid or not. If you are posting in this forum just to attack other posters who are enthusiastic about HD-DVD, why not post somewhere else. If you are enthusiastic about Blu-Ray, post in the Blu-Ray forum. If this is not important to this forum, then let's remove the following line from the forum description.

If you are not here for HD DVD, move on.


Ooooh.....I was just here for the free donuts and coffee. *takes bavarian creme and cuppa joe and quickly leaves*
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HD DVD Software

This area covers free donuts and coffee. If you are not here for free donuts and coffee, move on. Please note this is not the area for hardware chat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,152 Posts
Let's say I was in the mood for HD DVD and a doughnut, would this be the right forum to post in?

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,993 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod /forum/post/0


So if you own both formats are you considered a double-agent?


That's the good DA. There are a lot of people who feel like they have carte blanche to trash HD DVD even though they own a Xbox drive. Opinions are great and no one is asking you to drink the koolaid but let people enjoy their product.


I post over in the BD forum and I try to be careful about not invalidating someones purchase. I may have my differing thoughts but I definitely don't want to make someone feel bad about purchasing their format in a topic area designed for their enthusiasm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmurchison /forum/post/0


That's the good DA. There are a lot of people who feel like they have carte blanche to trash HD DVD even though they own a Xbox drive. Opinions are great and no one is asking you to drink the koolaid but let people enjoy their product.


I post over in the BD forum and I try to be careful about not invalidating someones purchase. I may have my differing thoughts but I definitely don't want to make someone feel bad about purchasing their format in a topic area designed for their enthusiasm.

hmurchison,


Thank you for your very intelligent post. Now get rid of the Bears signature.



Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,821 Posts
Mike, sadly it'll never work, this entire forum is infested with the video game mentality, your not allowed to own rivaling items in the same field, it is forbidden


what does that mean and how does it apply here? basically every thread turns to ****



the poor mods are doing all they can



you know what I say?


"In the land of the fence jumpers, the man who rides the post is king"



time to set the egg timer to this thread
who is gonna ruin it? show yourself!


-Gary
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,788 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Murrell /forum/post/0


Mike, sadly it'll never work, this entire forum is infested with the video game mentality, your not allowed to own rivaling items in the same field, it is forbidden


what does that mean and how does it apply here? basically every thread turns to ****



the poor mods are doing all they can



you know what I say?


"In the land of the fence jumpers, the man who rides the post is king"



time to set the egg timer to this thread
who is gonna ruin it? show yourself!


-Gary

There are not enough games for the PS3 so the owners have to play games on the HD-DVD forums
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,993 Posts
Gary


I know you've taken your own fair share of abuse as a neutral guy. I respect that you've always kept your allegiance to what means the most and that's movies. And you've stayed the bigger person.


I know i've had my "I'm a prick" moments but I do honestly try to see both sides. I figure next year I'll be neutral but I have so many toys to buy just to get caught up I'm going to have to stick with one format for the time being.


D'as ok...by 2008 both formats will be relatively cheap compared to today.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,011 Posts
I'm a format flirt. I don't like coffee but I like donuts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
662 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Murrell /forum/post/0


Mike, sadly it'll never work, this entire forum is infested with the video game mentality, your not allowed to own rivaling items in the same field, it is forbidden


what does that mean and how does it apply here? basically every thread turns to ****



the poor mods are doing all they can



you know what I say?


"In the land of the fence jumpers, the man who rides the post is king"



time to set the egg timer to this thread
who is gonna ruin it? show yourself!


-Gary

You nailed it Gary. It seems that AVS has been flooded with people from the gaming forums where anything goes and trashing is par for the course. You'll notice that the individuals engaging in this behavior joined the forum only recently, say in the past 6 to 8 month's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,880 Posts
agreed and on both sides. There have been plenty of BD threads ruined and closed as well. I hope that all members enjoy the hell out of their player and software no matter which format. We are all ultimately in this together because we all want our faves on HD media. The more that is purchased will hopefully show the studios that there is a market and it won't go the way of SACD/dvd-a.

d
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis M /forum/post/0


You nailed it Gary. It seems that AVS has been flooded with people from the gaming forums where anything goes and trashing is par for the course. You'll notice that the individuals engaging in this behavior joined the forum only recently, say in the past 6 to 8 month's.

It doesn't help when the "old timers" jump on anyone who voices displeasure, however well worded and supported, as a troll or whiner - or now a console gamer.


Just because someone's new, even if they're not happy with the way things are progressing on the HD-DVD side of things - whether or not they have a Blu Ray player or PS3 - there's no need for the "regulars" to jump all over them.


If you want the format to really succeed, you're going to have to deal with those lowly rabble who dare buy the players and share their opinion. Some of them might not even have spent thousands on their HT systems, yet still think that they have any kind of worthwhile insight on what they personally think about their purchases.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,821 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmurchison /forum/post/0


Gary


I know you've taken your own fair share of abuse as a neutral guy. I respect that you've always kept your allegiance to what means the most and that's movies. And you've stayed the bigger person.


I know i've had my "I'm a prick" moments but I do honestly try to see both sides. I figure next year I'll be neutral but I have so many toys to buy just to get caught up I'm going to have to stick with one format for the time being.


D'as ok...by 2008 both formats will be relatively cheap compared to today.


everyone has their I'm a prick moments, heck sometimes I log into AVS in a bad mood and loose it in a post or 2



if you are a BR fan, there is no reason not to own HD-DVD right now, players can be had for under 300$, the opposite is not quite true, the wonderful Samsung can be had for around 500$ give or take, still not quite as low, I think the worst trolling is the HD on BR type, not to say it doesn't happen vice versa, and the neutral guys, they get it the worst



people just don't get it, all it is about is movies in the highest quality possible, if that means 5 formats, I will own them, life is short, whats a 500$ player in the grand scheme?



-Gary
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27,599 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerx /forum/post/0


Doesn't really bother me as I just skip those past or theads if I don't want to read them.

It is too bad few here have the restraint you possess. It would make this place far less combative.
 
1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top