1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this could be an interesting thread:

Say your wife made you sell all your DVDs but she said

you could keep ONLY one dvd to demo your

system to your friends, which would it be?

I know for sure mine would be:

The Fifth Element - SuperBit

(actually even if the Superbit version didn't exist I would still choose TFE because either version is awesome for demo purposes)

Which ONE dvd would you guys choose?

Tito Aguirre

·
Registered
628 Posts
I guess Gladiator . Not my all time favorite movie but for a demo it has a good combo of stunning video and audio. ( except for the damn rainbows on my LT150 :rolleyes: )

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
I have gotten the most favorable reactions from "Everest", the IMAX movie transferred to DVD. People seem overwhelmed by the images of mountain climbing. (The sound is certainly not state-of-the-art, but workable.)

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I initially posted this on the DVD software forum but after thinking about it, I decided to post it here too because it relates to people using a DVD to "show off" their projection systems.

Sorry if you don't like it here! Dude!!

Tito

·
Registered
456 Posts
My fantasy would be to show a restored, high quality transfer of "The Conformist." But... it's just a dream.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
I find there are a few criteria when it comes to demo'ing...

If you have a fellow enthusiast you want to show something that they can look for the finer details in eg Gladiator, TFE, etc etc

If you just have a house guest that is bowled over by big screen viewing something generic but pleasing like the whales sequence from Fantasia 2001 is more enjoyable than FF back and forth to show them 'black level' scenes etc... Plus the audio on that disk is truly fabulous...

·
Registered
559 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by taguirre
I initially posted this on the DVD software forum but after thinking about it, I decided to post it here too because it relates to people using a DVD to "show off" their projection systems.

Sorry if you don't like it here! Dude!!

Tito
My bad Tito. I didn't notice that your original post had "projector" in it.......wait a minute, it doesn't :) Not trying to piss you off but we DLP,LCD,D-ILA forum members try to limit threads to Panamorph & LT150 subject matter only :)

Pete

EDIT: The Rock (criterion) is one of my favorite demo disks!

·
Registered
30 Posts
The opening "Buzz Lightyear" sequence of "Toy Story 2" never fails to blow away houseguests on my G11. Even though other discs and HD material may show more detail, the visual punch and sonics really make this the one that get their blood pumping!

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I think just before the wife sold 'em, I would digitally record one scene from 30 DVDs or so. Then burn 'em to a single DVD and tell her 'That's the one I'm keepin'!

(Then I might consider getting a new wife!)

ken

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
"Not trying to piss you off but we DLP,LCD,D-ILA forum members try to limit threads to Panamorph & LT150 subject matter only."

I just love these humorous little quips.

Tito, dude :D, if I could make my own DVD, it would be the HD demo that Direct TV channel 199 had on before it became HDNet.

It had a little of Fantasia(the whales were awesome!), a little Pete Frampton, a little sports and a trailer or two. It was really, really good.

If it were to be a pre-recorded DVD, I gotta agree with you man, Fifth Element all the way. And I don't even have it on Superbit yet.

Chris

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.