AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you ever read the children's book, "If you give a mouse a cookie?" It is a fun story about what happens if you give a mouse a cookie and the chain of events that it leads to; getting milk, making a mess, cleaning up the mess, then getting hungry, which ultimately ends up where it started from.

Have you ever felt that working on a home theater is very similar?

I am getting ready to install two D* receivers that I purchased over the weekend. So last night I rearranged the equipment cabinet to fit the receiver and had to re-program some of the settings on my A/V receiver. I then had to move around some of the wiring. Tonight I spent most of my time running the Satellite cables to where I want them in the living room and rerouting the existing OTA cables in the basement. Tomorrow I'll be in the attic making further modifications to the OTA cables and the lines that feed the HT room. While in the basement it occurred to me that i should run a line down there in case I ever put a TV down by the bar. Of course I would then need to set up the bumper pool table and make a cabinet for the TV that is attractive and functional. Also while working in the basement I spent some time cleaning up the wiring the runs across the area to the HT, which lead to cleaning up the wiring I had run for several other projects of the last few years.

It would be nice to use the DVI output from the HD D* receiver but that means I would need to get a splitter box and a second small DVI cable. I would then need to make it fit into the equipment cabinet, which would mean moving wires around.

So if you were to write you own story how would it go? Here is a start:

If you give a HT enthusiast a __________ ....

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.