AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help me out on my decision purchasing a new receiver. IM not opposed to purchasing a refurbished unit. Some of the units im looking at are: Denon 3808CI-refurb, Onkyo SR806-refurb, Marantz SR6003-refurb, and VSX-23TXH.


My setup: Sharp 65" LCD , Fronts: Rocket RS1000, Center: RS200, Rears: RS450, and Sub: SVS PB13 Ultra.


Thanks for any advice you guys can provide.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
I'm not sure that the Denon refurb is realistic at that price point. I know one place shows them as "temporarily out of stock" at a low price, but suspect that "temporary" isn't all that temporary. I think a 2809 might be more realistic from Denon's lineup.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMTM /forum/post/17001919


Please help me out on my decision purchasing a new receiver. IM not opposed to purchasing a refurbished unit. Some of the units im looking at are: Denon 3808CI-refurb, Onkyo SR806-refurb, Marantz SR6003-refurb, and VSX-23TXH.


My setup: Sharp 65" LCD , Fronts: Rocket RS1000, Center: RS200, Rears: RS450, and Sub: SVS PB13 Ultra.


Thanks for any advice you guys can provide.

Also look at Marantz SR-5004 (it may come at end of August). The list price is $849.00 but you can find dealers to give you 15-20% off.


Good Luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsteg /forum/post/17002033


I'm not sure that the Denon refurb is realistic at that price point. I know one place shows them as "temporarily out of stock" at a low price, but suspect that "temporary" isn't all that temporary. I think a 2809 might be more realistic from Denon's lineup.

I was wondering if its one of those things that once they get them in stoc,k they jack up the price. Have you found this to be true from this particular vendor? They told me that they should have them in stock within the next couple of weeks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
I am in your same boat. One thing that is pushing me toward this year's crop of receivers is new loudness processing by Dolby and Audyssey that address the problem of always having to turn up (with dialog) and down (with action) the volume during a movie or for commercials. In my mind, these features are a pretty neat deal, so I am leaning toward the newer receivers that have that, i.e. Onkyo sr 707.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Maybe they'll get them in stock. I just know that I do poke around there and look at a few different Denon models periodically. They're always cheaper than anywhere else and always "temporarily out of stock". I haven't had any communication with them, though - I'm just distrusting
They are an authorized retailer for Denon refurbs, though. If they get stock it's an excellent deal as long as you're ok with the short warranty.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarcampbell /forum/post/17002089


I am in your same boat. One thing that is pushing me toward this year's crop of receivers is new loudness processing by Dolby and Audyssey that address the problem of always having to turn up (with dialog) and down (with action) the volume during a movie or for commercials. In my mind, these features are a pretty neat deal, so I am leaning toward the newer receivers that have that, i.e. Onkyo sr 707.

Thanks for bringing this point up. This feature alone would make it an easier sell to my wife. The Onkyo SR707 has some nice features I just wish it had more power. I guess its either get the nicer features of a current model receiver or get a little more power and less features with an older receiver. Maybe I need to bring my budget up.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top