AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets say you were dreaming (but unaware of the fact) and the situation is as follows. God descends from heaven and says to you "My child, you have spent the better part of your life researching, listening and reading about subs and trying to achieve that perfect bass in your home. Recommend me one that cannot be bested for my bedroom in the heavens. If I like your pick, you shall get the same one free!"

what would you pick ?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Now, when you say this, do you like a subwoofer system or do you mean a lone subwoofer all by itself? Also, does god mind large subwoofers?

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
A new SVS Dual ULTRA Subwoofer when they come out this year.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
>God descends from heaven and says to you

Judging by most responses in this forum, I'd expect the answer to be, "Read the forum! Sheesh, *another* 'what should I get?' thread...."

Followed by needing to know the dimensions of God's bedroom...

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
I'd tell God to go to the next GTG at Art's house. That's assuming Art would invite him.

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
Dual Velodyne 1812's and dual JL Audio Gotham subs. For music

Dual TC Sounds monster subs presented at the 2007 CES. For HT

I am modest,no fancy subs just the basics.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think God's bedroom size is not fixed. Thats just too human-ish for him ! It can be resized at the snap of his fingers... depending on whats best for the subwoofer you suggest. And since GOD doesnt have internet connection (or time to squander) he cant read forums ... which is probably why he will give a free sub

·
Registered
353 Posts
I'd probably say, "you need to purchase all the ones you are considering so you can listen in your own realm and decide for yourself. Then send back the ones you don't like and order another one for me."

Am I going to Forum Hell for this?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I'd buy the local movie theater and outfit it with the latest in driver technology.

Seriously, I have all the money in the world (in my own little world), and bought a Plus/2 in oak because IMHO, it's the best sub for the money with the deepest, highest pure output for HT. I've not found a substitute for two 12" drivers in a large cabinet with triple ports for pure low end output. For HT, I could care less about 40Hz - 100Hz bass. My towers pick up from there.

If I was truely into music, I'd set up a dedicated two channel system in a spare room with towers that don't need to rely on a subwoofer for bass.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyefan /forum/post/0

I'd buy the local movie theater and outfit it with the latest in driver technology.

Seriously, I have all the money in the world (in my own little world), and bought a Plus/2 in oak because IMHO, it's the best sub for the money with the deepest, highest pure output for HT. I've not found a substitute for two 12" drivers in a large cabinet with triple ports for pure low end output. For HT, I could care less about 40Hz - 100Hz bass. My towers pick up from there.

If I was truely into music, I'd set up a dedicated two channel system in a spare room with towers that don't need to rely on a subwoofer for bass.

Hey LUCKEYE fan..............HOW BOUT THEM GATORS!!!!!!!

Sorry....just had to do it

·
Registered
8,543 Posts
Ok

If I had all the money in the world I wouldn't even bother with a stand alone subwoofer...I would just hire whatever musicians and Hollywood studio types to perform live... and if they want to bring in 22 Bag Ends and recreate the soundtrack from Black Hawk Down...that would be ok with me.

Happy New Year

PS On the other hand...a hand full of Velodyne DD-18s in maple with the Thigpen Rotary would hold me till I found out what kind of subwoofers God prefers...

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I'd probably hire Tom Danley to do something custom...probably a home version of the Sonic Boom Cannon (131 db at 3hz) he did for the military. Probably put a couple of Thigpen Rotary woofers to cover that 1 hz to 3 hz range. Oh...and a structural engineer, a top notch acoustician and a and top notch contractor to build a building capable of holding it all...with a physician standing by just in case.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.