AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im kind of low on cash. I neeeeed a HTIB today!! heres what im looking at.

sony DAV-HDX500

panasonic SCPT950

samsung HT-TQ85

i cant wait any longer and must buy one in the next couple days. i only have these 3 choices. im looking for decent sound , good picture quality and under $$500$$ shipped.

So everyone that looks at this please pick one as if someone had a gun to your head. ....please

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
Integrated DVD players.... yeech!

Anyway, if forced to choose, probably the Sony, since it doesn't have huge surround speakers like the Samsung, and I don't like wireless rears that the Panny has. Although I wouldn't be happy with any of them.

·
Registered
230 Posts
d. none of the above.

Sorry I just wouldnt get a HTIB after reading the htib alternatives thread.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
If you insist you want an HTIB take a look at Sony HT-7000DH ( http://www2.butterflyphoto.com/shop/...One-_-HT7000DH ). It fits your criteria and then some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebxr /forum/post/0

d. none of the above.

Sorry I just wouldnt get a HTIB after reading the htib alternatives thread.

On the other hand, I agree with onebxr. In fact, I'm in the process of upgrading my HT-7000DH system based on what I'm getting from the HTIB alternative thread he cited.

·
Registered
140 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpirate /forum/post/0

im kind of low on cash. I neeeeed a HTIB today!! heres what im looking at.

sony DAV-HDX500

panasonic SCPT950

samsung HT-TQ85

i cant wait any longer and must buy one in the next couple days. i only have these 3 choices. im looking for decent sound , good picture quality and under $$500$$ shipped.

So everyone that looks at this please pick one as if someone had a gun to your head. ....please

Look, I'm in the same boat...However, from what I am hearing the Onkyo HT-790 from shoponkyo.com refurbished for 369.00 seems like a great deal...You said you have 500.00 to spend. You can get this praised system and then add on a decent DVD player seperate...

From what i have been reading, To get a intergrated DVD in a home theatre isn't good. Because if one breaks you hav eto replace the whole thing..

·
Registered
9,938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimPFla /forum/post/0

From what i have been reading, To get a intergrated DVD in a home theatre isn't good. Because if one breaks you hav eto replace the whole thing..

That, and they're usually just not great sounding systems. And the connectivity options are pretty scant.

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
Onkyo had a unit with a built in DVD player, but I think they discontinued it. I don't think it was much different from the others listed above. They have two packages (the HT-S894 and the HT-S907) that include a DVD changer as a separate component, but they're pricey and not compact.

The refurbs might actually include cables. Several reported that they came with them. If they don't, you can get them at virtually any online or brick and mortar audio/video store. Speaker wire is available at Home Depot.

Like I said, if I had to get an all in one player/receiver, I'd get the Sony. Or maybe one from Pioneer (I'd trust them a bit more.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.