AVS Forum banner

DLP Link Glasses are being inverted regulary

  • Yes they are regulary inverted (%70 or higher)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No they are never inverted

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50 / 50 they are inverted

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • On the rare occuriance they are inverted (less than 30%)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok there are too many threads and postings about DLP Link glasses and the issue of being inverted.


some users say it will happen 50% of the time



So can currently DLP Link users (excluding rear projection DLP, since that uses checkerboard) please comment on there experience.. A simple Yes it happens, No it doesn't, or a percentage is all that is required
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
609 Posts
Optoma HD66 PJ / No $180 nvidia emitter.. so I'm locked out of the official nvidia "3D Vision" mode. Optoma DLP-Link Glasses. IIRC: Nvidia GT260 card with 1.8gig of on board RAM for the card.


Primary playout software is P Wimmer's Stereoscopic Player, using the Generic Pageflipping Mode.


Odds of an inverted image with my current set-up & DLP Link when going to full screen 3D: 50/50


Odds of an inverted image with my currrent set-up with older e-dimensional glasses when going to full screen 3D: 70/30
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,092 Posts
Ordered 2 pair of Viewsonic PGD-150s today (back in stock at Amazon). Will update this post when they arrive.



Update: Glasses came today. Turns out I did not need the AMD 6xxx card or hdmi 1.4 to play 3D BR with my projector. Using PDVD10 Ultra, AMD 5870+10.12, Viewsonic PGD-150s and Acer H5360 1.3 3D 120Hz DLP projector. 2D to 3D conversion of regular DVD looks great too. These Viewsonics have the inverter button on the top left frame that doubles as power switch. Quickly flip (invert) back and forth to see the difference. If inverted my eyes feel funny like cross-eyed. The button takes a deliberate press to activate so the chances of an accident are slim unlike the Panasonic glasses.

Glad I bought 2 pair!

I agree that pseudo-stereo is a non-issue.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,326 Posts
I think I did have it happen once in 5 months of every weekend use. Got a decent remote? The fix is a one button push solution. It may be worse as in more frequent with the 3D-XL though from what I am reading. I suspect having 3D Visiion involved may make the issue less prone to happen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
I have never seen what you describe.


My setup:
  • ViewSonic PJD6531w Projector
  • HTPC with ASUS Blu-Ray Combo External Optical Drive, Avertv HD Capture Card PCIe (MTVHDDVRR), ASUS GeForce GT430
  • 1 nVidia 3D kit
  • 3 ViewSonic PGD-150 Active Stereographic 3D Shutter Glasses
  • 2 Xpand X102
  • CyberLink PowerDVD 10 Ultra 3D Mark II
  • Stereoscopic Player (to watch Live 3D from Directv or converting 2D to 3D)


All 3D Blu-ray movies are sharp and freaking awesome. Most 3D downloadable videos work very well with the exception of 1080p 3D as my machine will stutter a few times during playback.


So what am I looking for here?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,326 Posts
There are so many DLP-Link users on here, I can't imagine this is a major issue in real use. I actually don't think I have ever had it either. But what you look for are L/R reversal. Which makes things comming out go in and visa-versa.


The potential issue has been known since the release of DLP-LINK, as for it not even be considered an issue it is just the way DLP-LINK works.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
616 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyhartaz /forum/post/19655200


I have never seen what you describe.


My setup:
  • ViewSonic PJD6531w Projector
  • HTPC with ASUS Blu-Ray Combo External Optical Drive, Avertv HD Capture Card PCIe (MTVHDDVRR), ASUS GeForce GT430
  • 1 nVidia 3D kit
  • 3 ViewSonic PGD-150 Active Stereographic 3D Shutter Glasses
  • 2 Xpand X102
  • CyberLink PowerDVD 10 Ultra 3D Mark II
  • Stereoscopic Player (to watch Live 3D from Directv or converting 2D to 3D)


All 3D Blu-ray movies are sharp and freaking awesome. Most 3D downloadable videos work very well with the exception of 1080p 3D as my machine will stutter a few times during playback.


So what am I looking for here?

Doesn't the nvidia 3d kit use an emitter to sync with the glasses? Wouldn't this superceed DLP link hence never having the chance for the "out of sync" to occur? Just trying to learn thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
616 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNnDENVER /forum/post/19659638


Maybe, just having 3D Vision with the emitter hooked up makes it much better on the DLP-LINK issue with DLP-Link glasses? Possibly.


It will be real interesting to see how it goes with the 3D-XL for sure.

For certain, all this speculation is driving me mad given i'm very much a person who wants to know what's going on before I order for certain.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNnDENVER /forum/post/19659638


Maybe, just having 3D Vision with the emitter hooked up makes it much better on the DLP-LINK issue with DLP-Link glasses? Possibly.


It will be real interesting to see how it goes with the 3D-XL for sure.

I've tried it without the Nvidia and with and there is no difference. I only use the Nvidia because that is one pair out of the six I need (other 5 are obviously the DLP-LINK glasses).


I watched the Globetrotter game on Directv 3D and it was a blast. Finally got around to downloading some of the 3D On Demand stuff too, pretty cool.


Overall, I 100% believe the only way to go 3D is with an HTPC. I watch Avatar in 3D last night, from a Blu-ray rip, and it was perfect in the Stereoscopic Player.


I laugh at my pals buying these $25k-$5k setups and only can watch Blu-ray.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,326 Posts
I could never get my HDDVR capture card working correctly / consistantly. Sort of a bummer. So I have just canned the direct TV 3D for now.


I mean I built three different computers, and not a one would allow my 470 card and my HDDVR card to work at the same time reliably.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNnDENVER /forum/post/19660489


I could never get my HDDVR capture card working correctly / consistantly. Sort of a bummer. So I have just canned the direct TV 3D for now.


I mean I built three different computers, and not a one would allow my 470 card and my HDDVR card to work at the same time reliably.

Not to go off topic but what do you mean by reliably? Everytime I fire up the Stereoscopic player I can select either live feed from the HDDVR card. I don't even have to load the HDDVR card software first like others have reported.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
609 Posts
This simple test patttern can help anyone who wants to do orientation (inversion) testing with their Link Glasses.

http://www.tridef.com/support/images...20x1080-lr.png


Display the stereoscopic image above in the 3-D mode, and see if it is inverted. Go out of the 3-D mode and repeat these steps ten times. Was orientation correct 10 out of 10 times? 5 out of ten? 3 out of ten? Etc...


(A reminder that DLP Link has no issues with rear PJ DLP)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,326 Posts
That may not tell the story though.... It would be better to know the sources and content it happens on. Like Blu-ray, cable, sat. and when it happened? Were you paused, changing channel, ect..ect...

The poll here is somewhat bearing me out that it just doesn't happen frequently to everybody.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNnDENVER
That may not tell the story though.... It would be better to know the sources and content it happens on. Like Blu-ray, cable, sat. and when it happened? Were you paused, changing channel, ect..ect...

The poll here is somewhat bearing me out that it just doesn't happen frequently to everybody.
I only started this thread because i was sick of the spam in the other DLP Link Glasses Issue thread

and after reading the poll it looks like this is a non issue. During a movie (like you mentiooned) u need to hold the volume remote in your hand to constantly adjust levels. On 3D TVs you need to manualy select SBS O/U etc change inputs. this non-issue is nothing more of an anoyance as the rest of aLL HT products
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyhartaz
I have never seen what you describe.


My setup:
  • ViewSonic PJD6531w Projector
  • HTPC with ASUS Blu-Ray Combo External Optical Drive, Avertv HD Capture Card PCIe (MTVHDDVRR), ASUS GeForce GT430
  • 1 nVidia 3D kit
  • 3 ViewSonic PGD-150 Active Stereographic 3D Shutter Glasses
  • 2 Xpand X102
  • CyberLink PowerDVD 10 Ultra 3D Mark II
  • Stereoscopic Player (to watch Live 3D from Directv or converting 2D to 3D)


All 3D Blu-ray movies are sharp and freaking awesome. Most 3D downloadable videos work very well with the exception of 1080p 3D as my machine will stutter a few times during playback.


So what am I looking for here?
Nothing! If you don't see any problems let sleeping dogs lie!
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top