AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sharp Aquos LC-XX, etc. owners,

If you own a LC-60C6400U or equivalent set, do not auto update or use firmware version 217U1205161. It was implemented on 7-30-12 and at least took care of my constantly-having-to-log-in issue on Netflix by COMPLETELY deactivating it (yes, been through all the deactivate/activate, etc. menus - nothing to do with Netflix pretty much begin gone). I have been emailing back and forth with Sharp support on the problem and they wanted me to d/l and upgrade to firmware version 217U1205161. I just told them that it was already on the set and was updated the very same day as the download site said that it was released on. Uh-oh. Guess there's the issue. BTW, they told me that the Aquos auto-update feature is not working. Hmmm. Then how did the latest 4 day old version of the firmware get on the set? :-O Hope that they've got an older Firmware that i can download to get back to the old log in constantly method (better than no Netflix at all).

·
Banned
906 Posts
Same thing happened to me with the previous firmware update. I lost Netflix functionality post update. I could still see the app but Netflix simply wouldn't work. What I end up doing is full reset... which put the TV back into factory default. The downside was that I had to re-do all the settings including picture, wireless configuration, Netflix info, etc. but Netflix worked again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I couldn't locate the full reset instructions in the manual. I tried an older method unplugging the TC and using the Vol- and input button. Where is the reset documented in the manual?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, just did a "reset" (seems more of a soft reset than a full power-down hard reset though) and no Netflix. To all: make sure that you are set to manual update and DO NOT ACCEPT FIRMWARE VERSION 217U1205161. So not good - well except TV is going back this week for a new un-updated one. Shame on Sharp support for running me in a circle with no resolution. Hmm, just noticed the Samsung 60 is on sale.

·
Registered
140 Posts
New version 217U1205181 had been pushed to my TV today. It is not on Sharp website yet, not sure what's it suppose to fix. I declined for now.

·
Banned
906 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbullktm  /t/1423208/if-you-own-a-lc-60c6400u...se-firmware-version-217u1205161#post_22281326

Ok, just did a "reset" (seems more of a soft reset than a full power-down hard reset though) and no Netflix. To all: make sure that you are set to manual update and DO NOT ACCEPT FIRMWARE VERSION 217U1205161. So not good - well except TV is going back this week for a new un-updated one. Shame on Sharp support for running me in a circle with no resolution. Hmm, just noticed the Samsung 60 is on sale.

I have the previous year model 632. For me, the reset I used was under "initial setup" tab... that put the TV into factory default status and cleared up my Netflix issue. I'm sorry that didn't work for you. I don't envy you for having to lug that giant TV back.

·
Banned
906 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon7  /t/1423208/if-you-own-a-lc-60c6400u...se-firmware-version-217u1205161#post_22287634

New version 217U1205181 had been pushed to my TV today. It is not on Sharp website yet, not sure what's it suppose to fix. I declined for now.

I declined mine for a couple of days until the message said my Netflix wouldn't work unless I installed the update... kinda forced my hand.

·
Banned
906 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon7  /t/1423208/if-you-own-a-lc-60c6400u...se-firmware-version-217u1205161#post_22290823

does netflix work now?

Yes, this time the update took without a hitch unlike last time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts