AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you think it would help sales in the usa .. with rce fix , so it would be a complete fix... just wanted all you thoughts........

·
Registered
507 Posts
I think if mp3 and Divx support were added also it would help sales as well. most bottom feeding dvd players do those things. Also upconverting through component cables would help as well.

·
Registered
499 Posts
RC Free including RCE would definitly help raising sales in USA and Europe and would be a "cost free" upgrade, while MP3 and Divx would involve license fees.

Every cheapo player from China ist RC free.

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
Region free doesn't matter for people who live in the U.S as most of the DVDs originate from U.S. However it's required for people in the rest of the world.

·
Registered
8 Posts
We need

a) region free

b) PAL support

c) RCE fix

Will buy a Toshiba as soon as those things are available.

(+ mp3 + divx/xvid support would be great)

·
Registered
819 Posts
I have a XA2 here in australia.Would be great to be region free dvd and PAL.

The main thing I want is DTS-MA
on board decoding

·
Registered
628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tos_fan /forum/post/12986575

We need

a) region free

b) PAL support

c) RCE fix

+ mp3 + divx/xvid support

Absolutaly. Region free Dvd players would make a huge difference, especially outside the US.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I'll tell you what. If they Region free the HD players, i'd personaly grab another 2 players. I love my XA2, but seeing as I can't play my Pal disks, i'm holding off. I know of a few friends also in the same boat.

It would be a step in the right direction thats for sure.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCooper /forum/post/12986584

I'll tell you what. If they Region free the HD players, i'd personaly grab another 2 players. I love my XA2, but seeing as I can't play my Pal disks, i'm holding off. I know of a few friends also in the same boat.

It would be a step in the right direction thats for sure.

i can give you all of the above on those players , but im waiting to see what happens ,region free rce fix and play pal disc

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tos_fan /forum/post/12986672

Is there any estimated time when those things will be available?

now but im not sure if i want to make money out of helping you people ... thats what im deciding sorry

·
Registered
398 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdxa1user /forum/post/12986693

now but im not sure if i want to make money out of helping you people ... thats what im deciding sorry

Make money?

You can't sell modified firmware, you don't own Toshiba's code.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgans316 /forum/post/12986463

Region free doesn't matter for people who live in the U.S as most of the DVDs originate from U.S. However it's required for people in the rest of the world.

I live in the US, but import alot of DVDs from all over the world. Region free certainly matters to me. I would love to have a hack that makes my A1 region free.

J

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazog /forum/post/12986855

Make money?

You can't sell modified firmware, you don't own Toshiba's code.

yea far enough reason not to give it out since it is illegal doing it in the first place you are right illl keep it all to myself you are so very right

·
Registered
398 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdxa1user /forum/post/12986916

yea far enough reason not to give it out since it is illegal doing it in the first place you are right illl keep it all to myself you are so very right

Illegal depends on the Country you are in and I guess if feel you need to profit from it then fine.

Almost all the hacks that people release are for the pure enjoyment of the accomplishment, not for the money.

Also for having a good feeling of letting others enjoy your work.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big J /forum/post/12986913

I live in the US, but import alot of DVDs from all over the world. Region free certainly matters to me. I would love to have a hack that makes my A1 region free.

J

For what lil a A2 cost's on ebay, bought another yesterday for $49 using buy it now, time to put the A1 on back burner and get one, then your wishes could come true.

I bought a A1 from BB last sept '06, paid a ridiculous at the time $160 open box for it and cause it wouldn't play pal or region free sold it on ebay for $400.

·
Registered
732 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazog /forum/post/12987184

Illegal depends on the Country you are in and I guess if feel you need to profit from it then fine.

Almost all the hacks that people release are for the pure enjoyment of the accomplishment, not for the money.

Also for having a good feeling of letting others enjoy your work.

Sounds like "Collector-scum" behavior - the kind of people who want to bask in the selfish joy of being the only one to own something. I run across them quite a bit - they'll have some rare demo disc or video brochure and won't make a copy for trade because they want to be the only one to have it. But they'll tell you about it - so they can have have their small-minded moment of thinking "I'm so cool, I'm the only one who has this!"

It seems that is what HDXA1USER is doing.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disclord /forum/post/12987279

Sounds like "Collector-scum" behavior - the kind of people who want to bask in the selfish joy of being the only one to own something. I run across them quite a bit - they'll have some rare demo disc or video brochure and won't make a copy for trade because they want to be the only one to have it. But they'll tell you about it - so they can have have their small-minded moment of thinking "I'm so cool, I'm the only one who has this!"

It seems that is what HDXA1USER is doing.

all i can say is.....................he's a GOD!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.