AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given all the impressive home theaters posted here, some quite elaborate in homes that aren't, I couldn't resist posting this piece from CEPro magazine:

Inside Danny Bonaduce’s $4.2M Hollywood Home

Be sure to view the slideshow. Even the simplest DIY efforts I've seen here outclass this. But I suppose if you're a "star" even home theaters like this one deserve an article, if only to point out the flaws. Or supposed flaws, since the author seems to be a little clueless. He speaks of the impracticality of installing speakers in-wall or in-ceiling, as if that were the first and only answer to hiding them (which also assumes leaving them visible is bad). He also mentions in the slide show that the left and right speakers are closer to viewers than the screen, as if that broke a cardinal rule of HT design. There are many flaws here, to be sure, but I wouldn't list those among them. The article also blames masonry walls for the way acoustical treatments are hidden by thick red curtains. Assuming there truly are acoustical treatments behind those curtains (I have my doubts) I think bad taste is a stronger possibility for their existence.

You'd think someone who can afford that kind of home (maybe "could afford", since he's selling it) could have done a little better.

·
Registered
739 Posts
That reminds me of a show I saw recently about a gigantic 100 foot plus yacht with more luxury amenities that most high end houses. They were panning through the enormous "high end entertainment" area and the entire AV system consisted of a cheap looking TV/DVD combo unit stuck in a mahogany built in.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.