AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any user here using IF7200 and had changed the lamp already? Roughly about how many hours then you change the lamp?

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I finally changed my lamp at 4300 hours. It started to look a little too dim for me at about 3300-3500 hours. It then seemed to get a little brighter for about another 500 hours. Then began a severe downhill slide in brightness till at 4300 hours it suddenly stopped producing light.

I had a daughter and several grand children staying with me. Some days they had the PJ on watching TV and playing video games 10-15 hours. They weren't picky about the brightness levels.

If it weren't for their high usage levels, I would have relaced the bulb at the 3700-4000 hour mark due to brightness levels.

I project onto a 123"D Firehawk, and have good, but not perfect light control for daylight viewing.

Glenn

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by glenned
I finally changed my lamp at 4300 hours. It started to look a little too dim for me at about 3300-3500 hours. It then seemed to get a little brighter for about another 500 hours. Then began a severe downhill slide in brightness till at 4300 hours it suddenly stopped producing light.

I had a daughter and several grand children staying with me. Some days they had the PJ on watching TV and playing video games 10-15 hours. They weren't picky about the brightness levels.

If it weren't for their high usage levels, I would have relaced the bulb at the 3700-4000 hour mark due to brightness levels.

I project onto a 123"D Firehawk, and have good, but not perfect light control for daylight viewing.

Glenn
I thought the IF7200 lamp life span is rated with 3000 hours only? :confused: Or are you using other projector?

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I have an SP7200. The "bulb life rating" is derived from the number of hours it takes for a representative sample of bulbs to lose half of their original brightness levels. Because the SP7200 is so bright (actually too bright when new), the bulb was still usable after 3000 hours.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by glenned
I have an SP7200. The "bulb life rating" is derived from the number of hours it takes for a representative sample of bulbs to lose half of their original brightness levels. Because the SP7200 is so bright (actually too bright when new), the bulb was still usable after 3000 hours.
Really glad to hear that. I thought I might need to change my bulb when it reach around 2500.

Thanks for all the info! :)

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Technic
I thought the IF7200 lamp life span is rated with 3000 hours only? :confused: Or are you using other projector?
The life span IS a mere 3000 hours. Ahhh, but that is with an ordinary enthusiast's projector. Maybe now you see the reason for the moniker beneath my screen name.

htomei

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.