AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The all-rounder for daily use

The PT-AH1000 makes home cinema thanks to his features into an unforgettable experience. It boasts a resolution of 1,920 x 1,080 pixels, a brightness of 2,800 lumens and an outstanding contrast ratio of 50,000:1. Thanks to the Light Harmonizers 3, the use in bright rooms is possible. Especially in fast moving scenes, and convinced the model thanks to the 200Hz Intelligent Frame Creation technology and the Motion Detail Clarity Processor with razor-sharp and brilliant images in Full HD resolution. The game mode also ensures a lightning-fast response time, which is particularly important for gaming friends. Who wants to adjust its optimal projector, is with the advanced picture settings, waveform monitor and Cinema Colour Management professional setting Ã* la Hollywood. The PT-AH1000 was therefore also tested and adjusted by experts in Hollywood.

Increased flexibility is provided by the vertical keystone correction, lens shift function and two times zoom lens, which can be controlled manually. VIERA Link and multiple connectivity options including two HDMI inputs, PC input, serial interface and two 12V trigger outputs provide excellent . networking capabilities , the attractive white design ensures optimum matching in your living room. home cinema experience in a class - the promise of the PT-AH1000. Optional Accessories: Replacement Lamp ET-LAA110, Ceiling Mount (up) ET-PKA110H and ceiling mount (low) ET-PKA110S.

Datasheet (in German) :

Retail price in Europe should be 2099 euro... most of the time this translates into 2099 US Dollars..

·
Registered
369 Posts
Exactly what i been waiting for. 1080p panasonic wjth lens shift and 50000 contrast ratio. I wonder what the competition has to offer atifa Berlin this year. Thankyou panny for releasing something more affordable than the ptae7000u.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I hope the price is reasonable because the competition is heating up. Ala Epson budget model , and Acer's 1080p. BOTH With 3d!
III

The price is similar to last generation ae4000u. Sounds good.

·
Registered
551 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jklow888 /forum/post/20895923

Does this unit have the lens memory feature for scope like the 4000 ?

"Increased flexibility is provided by the vertical keystone correction, lens shift function and two times zoom lens, which can be controlled manually."

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still wondering why the horizontal lensshift is only half of what the AE4000 had..

Contrast also seems to only half of what the AE-4000 had, but that might be on paper only..

·
Registered
7,009 Posts

Quote:

The spec. sheet says it has "screen memory" (whatever they mean by that) but no mention of "lens memory".

HERE is the link to the Panasonic product page for this new projector.

·
Registered
425 Posts

Quote:

If you take a look at the datasheet the OP posted, you can see this:

Lens Memory Function: Nein! (sorry for shouting, been listening to too a lot of Rammstein)

With the lower contrast, fast response, and brightness, this seems more like a casual gaming and living room projector than a successor to the AE4000.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am a little puzzled by the rather limited lens shift compared to the PTAE7000/ AT5000, especially since Panasonic stresses the flexibility in placement for the PT-AH1000E. Don't they use the same chassis?

I wonder what the street price will be - should be considerably lower than list if they want to compete with the Sony HW20 which now costs about the same and has (on paper) much better specs.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRivella /forum/post/20897208

I am a little puzzled by the rather limited lens shift compared to the PTAE7000/ AT5000, especially since Panasonic stresses the flexibility in placement for the PT-AH1000E. Don't they use the same chassis?

The AE7000 has about the same horizontal lens shift as this one, its only half of what was possible with the AE4000..

·
Registered
167 Posts
It is really frustrating to see lens memory not included in this projector. I was looking at the AE7000 alone because of the lens memory for my upcoming 2.35:1 setup. I didn't want to pay for 3d I won't use, and was really looking forward to a cheaper 3d-less option. But now, I may as well be looking at any other projector without lens memory. Why would Panny do this?

·
Registered
75 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jones /forum/post/20896759

The spec. sheet says it has "screen memory" (whatever they mean by that) but no mention of "lens memory".

HERE is the link to the Panasonic product page for this new projector.

I hope kraine is watching this thread and can confirm what this "screen memory" is, but it sounds like the 4000 would be the better option for 2.35.

·
Banned
9,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brajesh /forum/post/20896993

Can someone shed light on the Acer 3D 1080p PJ? Will it be under $3K MSRP? Why are people excited about it?

They are excited about it because of lens shift. A lot of people use large Da-Lite High Power screens and to get the gain from a HP screen the projector needs to be mounted low. They are wanting a 3D DLP projector to use on their HP screens for 3D. Many thought that the Optoma HD8300 could be the one, but it's lens shift will not allow the projector to be mounted low enough. Now it is down to the Mits HC7800 and the new Acer. Both of them have lens shift, but we do not know enough about the lens shift to see if it will work.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by denada /forum/post/20898962

Does anyone know if Panasonic will continue with the AE-4000 or will this AH1000E replace it?

My guess is 7k will replace 4k and this one will undercut it (like Panasonic used to have 1080 and 720 projectors). 4k has been around 2 years, it is on its way out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Seems to me Panasonic may have dropped the ball. Clearly they needed a cheaper

1080p projector than the AE7000. But with new 3D projectors from Optoma & Epson

the latter using the same panels as the AE7000 and depending on the model 3d full HD wireless option available apparently for less. Who would want to buy this.

Will Panasonic have something at CEDIA to compete other budget 1080p 3D models ?

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinp3d

the latter using the same panels as the AE7000 and depending on the model 3d full HD wireless option available apparently for less. Who would want to buy this.

Will Panasonic have something at CEDIA to compete other budget 1080p 3D models ?
Well, I'm not completely up on every new model, but I can see who might buy this. I personally have zero interest in 3D. A super bright 1080p projector for folks like me who want the "giant plasma" like experience makes sense.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinp3d /forum/post/20917857

ME, depending on price. I need lens shift and light output. 3D is not important to me. This has to street price around the Epson 8350 to make sense to me.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.