AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which site do you give more credit to regarding their Reviews? Whose opinon is better in your mind? Which is often closer to your own feelings on games after you play?

·
Banned
4,104 Posts
IGN traditionally rates games too high, Gamespot rates games lower.

I don't go by the rating I go by the content in a review and look for reasons I may not like a game such as bad controls, frustrating problems, shortness of the game, terrible graphics or other issues that would hurt a game for me.

I try to look at multiple sources and reviews from average gamers as well but the actual numbers do little unless a game gets a really high or terriby low score.

If its high I may take notice and a really low score I will definitely rent or just pass over.

·
Registered
8,729 Posts
IGN digs into the hype, to the point where you question if the reviewers actually play the games. 9.2 for Full Spectrum Warrior? 9.0 for Wreckless? C'mon, they even gave WWF Raw for the Xbox a 9.1.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I enjoy the video reviews of Gamespot, while I tend to use IGN more for the Game Guides.

Quote:
IGN traditionally rates games too high, Gamespot rates games lower.

I don't go by the rating I go by the content in a review and look for reasons I may not like a game such as bad controls, frustrating problems, shortness of the game, terrible graphics or other issues that would hurt a game for me.

I try to look at multiple sources and reviews from average gamers as well but the actual numbers do little unless a game gets a really high or terriby low score.

If its high I may take notice and a really low score I will definitely rent or just pass over.
Agree totally, Same here.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
IGN's web site is much easier to browse through and read, not to mention they usually have well-sized media sections for each game, so I tend to go there first.

If I want a second opinion I head to gamerankings.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.