Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, everyone.

I've decided to go with SONY 10HT LCD Projector. :)

MY DVDP is SONY DVDP-S9000ES. I've been using this with TOSHIBA 32" TV.

The connection between them is 1.5m component video cable.

Since the projector has to be rear side of my room, and DVDP is front side..... I've done some measurement, and found out that component cable has to be about 12~13m.

is that possible ?

How am I supposed to connect my DVDP to projector ?

What do you people use for connection between you DVDP and projector ??

Please excuse me for asking very simple and basic questions, but I've been doing search on this matter and noone really mentions about the connection things.

Any info, comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a 25 feet component cable connecting my 10HT to my DVD player. It first go up into the ceiling, travel along the joist for about 8 feet, makes a 90 degree turn, go for another 10 feet or so through the unfinished area of the basement, then down into the player with a few feet to spare.

I would recommend you to run a pull-string of some type (if you conduit is too much trouble) when you run your wire, in case you need to run a S-Video cable or a 2nd set of component over to the projector. And when you need to run the 2nd set of cable, don't foget to pull another set of pull-string with it.

When I wired up my 10HT, I ran my component cable and a S-Video cable (hooked up to a S-VHS deck for TV tuning) at the same time.

Beeeil

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have exactly the same setup, 9000ES and 10HT. I am using 20 ft of monster component video cable to connect them. I have another set of 20ft component cable connecting the projector and a DISH 6000 receiver for HDTV. Luckily, the 10HT has two component inputs so I don't have to switch between HDTV and DVD all the time.

This setup works fine for me. I expect even 12-13m long component cable would do equally as well. However, I believe a S-video cable this long would significantly degrade the picture quality. I have a 25ft s-video cable and the picture is quite dim and grainy.

Hope this helps. :p

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
have you considered moving your DVD player closer to the projector, then using a cheap IR repeater like a "powermid" or something? you might save a bundle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.