AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I'm looking for a new RPTV, and since I play a lot of Xbox, I have been told to get a TV with 720p capability. Is this necessary? Are a lot of Xbox games displayed in this format, or will they be in the future? Also, there aren't a whole lot of TV's that can display or upconvert this format. Which one is best. I'm looking in the 50" range. And also, is there such thing as a digital receiver that connects to the Xbox and then the TV to accept the signal?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Hardly any xbox games support 720p. Microsoft has been labelling games that support 480p as HDTV (even though they aren't really) so you may find a lot of games claiming to be HDTV. Still at 480p games look incredible, so much better than days of old.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, so if I don't get a TV that supports 720p and I put in an Xbox game that is in this format, what will it display it at? 480p? Will many Xbox games come out in this format in the future? Will they eventually switch over to 1080i?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Honestly and as a new RPTV owner..if video games are that significant to you, I would be looking at something different than a RPTV.

The kidz have all the consoles and up to the purchase of the RPTV, I never had to think about a TV, kidz playing Vid games and how to watch content...

Now I do and really do not want to...

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
dividebyzero,

What is your concern with RPTV and video games. Are you concerned with the mature content of some video games?

-phil

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.