Registered
18,507 Posts
How many times can I vote?..;)

Curt

·
Banned
9,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One each. These must be units you are using personally, not shop items borrowed from the workplace. Even if your workplace is in your garage. :)

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
NEC's rule!!! :D

Marc

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I have had 3 Barco's, 1 Vidikron, and 9 Sony's in the past 3 years. Prefer the Sony G70 at this point.

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Guys!

The "Unknown" category is enjoying a "0" response so far; thus suggesting that few if any crack users are participating in the Poll! :D But, it is still early.......

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
I'm using a Seleco, which didn't even have the distinction to be named in the poll. However, I bought it new from a company that's still selling three (or four) CRT models, so that has to count for something; the company's still in the game.

Yeah, yeah, only 7" tubes, built in line doubler, cost less that $7000 new, how good could it be, blah, blah, blah, but I love 'er anyway.

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Tinman
NEC's rule!!! :D

Marc
Hey Marc! If the poll was limited to products still being built.......... :D ...you would be watching from the sidelines, dude! With a few others...... (Yes I know, these words could come back to haunt me in 5-10 years)

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Ever notice that everyone that uses a G70 for their daily projector is happy with it? The G70 must be the most underrated CRT projector in the history of home theater. But that's ok, it's keeps them affordable for those of us in the know. ;)

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Great idea Wanman.

Terry

·
Registered
9,881 Posts
NECs may rule (Although I think it's Electrohome's that do most of the ruling), but there's a lot more Sony's out there.

-Brian

p.s. Whomever rules gets trounced by Seleco anyway.

·
Banned
9,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by matrix
I have had 3 Barco's, 1 Vidikron, and 9 Sony's in the past 3 years. Prefer the Sony G70 at this point.
But which one(s) are you 'currently' using in your home?

·
Banned
9,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by filecat13
I'm using a Seleco, which didn't even have the distinction to be named in the poll. However, I bought it new from a company that's still selling three (or four) CRT models, so that has to count for something; the company's still in the game.
Hey, no one is perfect, which is part of being human. But, since your unit is a rebadged unit (is it?) and its not one of the named makers on the list, then you most certainly can chose Other.
Quote:
Yeah, yeah, only 7" tubes, built in line doubler, cost less that $7000 new, how good could it be, blah, blah, blah, but I love 'er anyway.
Make sure its evolution was pure Seleco and not a rebadged unit. Either way, you should be voting Other.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Tim, as soon as you can send me a good Marquee 8500 or up for less than $500, I'll be happy to switch. Until then I'll just HAVE to make due with my 6 NEC's. Sigh......

Marc

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
There's so many used Sony's floating around because so many were sold new. Pretty odd that the vast majority of new purchasers opted for the inferior Sony, and that so many used purchaseres continue to make the same bad choice.

I think the statistics speak for themselves. Sony's rule!

·
Registered
9,881 Posts
It would seem that the Sony 12xx series is the favorite unit to slam these days. When I started coming to this forum it was fine but now almost every thread I read has mention somewhere of the poor ES focus of these PJ's.

Personally, I'm still in love with my 1271. I re-tubed it Jan 06/2003 and I use it for DVD (and Star Wars LD's) only so the lack of ability to achieve high resolutions is not a problem for me.

It's funny I always dreamed of owning a 1031 like the one's used in my community college for movie watching and I wound up with an even better CRT but there's no lost love for it's glaring shortcomings here.

-Brian

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Phil Smith
There's so many used Sony's floating around because so many were sold new. Pretty odd that the vast majority of new purchasers opted for the inferior Sony, and that so many used purchaseres continue to make the same bad choice.

I think the statistics speak for themselves. Sony's rule!
It's really not a fair comparison unless you know what the Sony 12xx series sold for new. I think the XG's sold for about $25k and if the Sony's were significantly less then that would explain why so many are available in the used market now.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
It has been a long time since you have been on your polling rampage. Nice to see you back in the game with a good one.

and bla bla bla - we know you NEC folks like them, bla bla bla

·
Registered
198 Posts
What, no Novabeam choice?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.