AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I am hoping I can get some advice about what the best PVR software is. Before I did 2 years with Dish, I used an htpc with WMC and used an xbox 360 as an extender. Now I have quit dish and am using my htpc again. I no longer have an xbox though and don't know which route to take to send live tv to my projector. I could get another xbox for sure, but my last one could not play hd content over wifi so I had an ethernet cable running across my house. I am hoping to avoid that. So now that 2 years have passed, are there better options? Can I use Kodi on the computer and watch live tv using a fire stick or something? Would it be better streaming over wifi, or could I lower the bitrate on my recordings to make it easier. Man, there is so much I don't know, I would love some advice from you guys smarter than me. I have now watched football 3 weeks in my bedroom when I have a 120" screen just sitting there. Although, today my wife said that my 65" tv in our bedroom seemed to small for football so there is something good. I think that is permission to buy a bigger tv. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts