Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, is about all I can say!

This PJ rocks right out of the box!

As for rainbows can you see them?, very seldom (nothing like what you read about).

After setting up to THX standards on SWII it got even better,:D, using a non progressive DVD player with component cables to Svideo adapter. The 2000:1 contrast ratio gives darn good detail in dark scenes.

Tried the Panny300 and its a good machine but the pixelating and screendoor (and dare I say it, the dreaded "VB" vertical banding on some units) is more of an issue than the seldom occurring rainbows, and IMO "yes" the X1 has better blacks. But I again say that if you have the Panny 300 you've got a very repectable machine.

And with mandarax's mount, the X1 looks like a professional install. (Thanks Rob)

Is this a high end CRT with "AMAZING" blacks?, no. It is, however an incredible unit without the bulk, the constant calibrating, the price,,, and think of it,,, ppl pay more on taxes buying their CRT's or high end DLP's than they do for the price of an X1.:p

With the "newer" low price its hard to pass this one up. It truly is worth the price of Admission.:cool:

Jessica

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yep I agree..8 )

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.