AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 290 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was pleased that my Harry Potter giftset arrived bright and early this morning. I unpacked it and was mildly impressed with the thought that they must have put into it.

So I'm examining everyting and every seems alright...

...until I discover this abomination:

WTF?!
Warner's new TotalHD strategy?

I call Warner Home Video up and spend about 10 minutes on hold. The rather apathetic rep. tells me that I'm going to have to send the whole thing back, which I sorta figured. I explain to her that with the disarray that WHV is in and slow shipping practices, there's no telling when I might get my correct giftset. She sympathizes I guess and puts me on hold to see if there's any other solution. I hold for another 10 minutes and I'm then disconnected. Unreal.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Wow thats funny to happen to either format. I wonder if this was a single case of this happening or more wide spread. Does the box case indicate HD DVD or Blu-ray?

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Do you happen to also own an HD player?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwest /forum/post/12459755

There's a report of this over at Bluraydotcom...unless you are the same person over there.

I use the same screen name over there, but I've not made a post there about this FUBAR.

·
Registered
393 Posts
wow that sucks..... I hear their customer service is weak.... just another tally mark.

And that lack of quality control is bothersome, wonder how many others are like that?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsHT /forum/post/12459733

Wow thats funny to happen to either format. I wonder if this was a single case of this happening or more wide spread. Does the box case indicate HD DVD or Blu-ray?

The 'ribbon' or whatever around the box case reads Blu-Ray Disc.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Just to rule it out.... Have ya tried playing the disc in your BR player to see that its just not the label itself that is the mistake.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I got this on HD DVD, and it arrived today, I gotta make sure mine are all HD DVD. I do own a BR player too, but they gotta all be the same.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsHT /forum/post/12459848

Just to rule it out.... Have ya tried playing the disc in your BR player to see that its just not the label itself that is the mistake.

We were on the same page with that one. Anyway, the PS3 couldn't do anything with it.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
I don't preorder anything. There are many reasons for that and it is unfortunate since I could save some money but I just don't need aggravation when things go wrong.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Sounds like Warner really needs to work on their quality control.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Does anyone else have this problem? They are so going to recall all of these sets.

Do you know how long it would take to get a replacement.

What is the audio on all of the discs?

BTW-did you try playing it? It could just be a horrible misprint(I hope).

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Has any good sets been received?

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Someone on bluray forum said they bought it from Best Buy. Now I'm skeptical to buy it from anywhere. I'll open the sucker up right then and there if I do.

1 - 20 of 290 Posts