AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recieved the Blu ray Legends of Jazz, I put it in my PS3 and I'm getting an error message This video cannot play, then a number uderneath( 80029907)

Anybody see this before? Any hints or is it a bad disc?

Thanks

Rick

·
Registered
10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilzilla /forum/post/0

Just got Chronos for blu-ray and got the same error. Does any one know what this error means?

I am also getting the same error. I have submitted a support request to Sony and also to R&B Films. An Amazon review also mentions this problem and I started a thread on High-Def Digest too.

Do you guys think this is a PS3 firmware problem or a mastering problem?

I have links to that stuff, but apparently the admins don't trust new users to post URLs.

·
Registered
811 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesanjuro /forum/post/0

I am also getting the same error. I have submitted a support request to Sony and also to R&B Films. An Amazon review also mentions this problem and I started a thread on High-Def Digest too.

Do you guys think this is a PS3 firmware problem or a mastering problem?

I have links to that stuff, but apparently the admins don't trust new users to post URLs.

I too got the error and started a thread at the bluray forum:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=5852

no resolution there yet though.

you'd think they'd test this stuff on the most common bluray player out there!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just posted my e-mail exchange w/ R&B Films on the Blu-ray forum link above; long story short: replacement discs are being made and they are taking names/addresses to issue the discs. Apparently Sony changed the firmware of the PS3 and this broke the playback...guess BRD authoring isn't 100% standardized yet.

·
Registered
357 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesanjuro /forum/post/0

Apparently Sony changed the firmware of the PS3 and this broke the playback...guess BRD authoring isn't 100% standardized yet.

I read the link and saw the response claiming it was the PS3 firmware update that broke playback. It does seem rather strange that they would send out replacement disks if it's the PS3's fault. Seeing how both of these disks should be low volume titles, I wonder if they tried to cut corners in the authoring process and got caught with their pants down. They could've have tested all available players on the market and seen that leaving x,y, and z out would still play them. It just doesn't seem likely that Sony can change the whole BDA authoring format at their whim. There are multiple studios and CE manufacturers out there who would grossly protest.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.