AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,681 Posts
SD & HD output at the same time

Improved OTA reception, faster tuning

All Formats 1080i, 720p, 480p, 480i capable

RGBHV or Component Video output

Built in DD decoder

Enhanced line doubler & 3D comb filter for NTSC

Improved OTA performance has been rumored by those who've had beta units. Since no one has a production unit as yet, we'll have to wait & see how it all turns out. It's supposed to ship in the next two weeks, but remember there have been months of delays before.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I am in the same boat. My patience is running out and I am leaning towards getting the Panny.

Can someone please clarify..What does
Quote:
SD & HD output at the same time
actually mean?

What switching does this imply for the other STBs?

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,681 Posts
It means that you could watch an HDTV program, and record it on your standard VCR/S-VCR at the same time. This is unique for DBS receivers.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I thought the Zenith stb could not output HD and SD at the same time. It's been posted on this forum that it can only output to the component out and s-video out at the same time if it is displaying 480i to both, in which case it is not HD.

Will it actually output 1080i via component while simultaneously outputting 480i to S-video?

·
Registered
45,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by joealtus
I thought the Zenith stb could not output HD and SD at the same time. It's been posted on this forum that it can only output to the component out and s-video out at the same time if it is displaying 480i to both, in which case it is not HD.

Will it actually output 1080i via component while simultaneously outputting 480i to S-video?
Yes. This is what I've been told by Zenith's product manager. I won't comment on other's opinions. When the unit hits the street, we'll know for sure. Until then, sit tight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.