AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted the other day about a 1099/volt 10 5.2 setup. Erich hasn't gotten back to me about shipping cost to Alaska but I'm sure it'll be astronomical. So I started thinking maybe that extra money could be spent towards a bigger/better setup through parts express where shipping would be slightly more manageable.

That's where the Maximus 18 steps in. The 18" and 12" drivers can be purchased through PE and shipped for under $200. I have access to every woodworking tool under the sun so the baffle/flat pack is not problem as long as I can get a layout and cut sheet. So I guess my questions are.. Can I purchase a Denovo FL-450 from Erich or somewhere as a standalone or is there a drop in replacement that would be comparable or better? Does he offer any build plans for purchase? Can these be run in a 2.0 setup if I decide I do not have room for more speakers and subwoofers and get the job done? Apparently they're tuned down to 24hz for full range applications.

What's your opinion on this?

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
I haven't found a cheap way to ship to Alaska. I left a message at a local packaging company on Monday asking what they recommended but haven't heard back. I do go there on Fridays though, so hopefully they will have an answer.

The 1099 without a flat pack weighs about 40lbs if I recall. The package is 41" x 16" x 6" and comes from 45239. I'll double check the weight in the morning.

·
Registered
12,092 Posts
That's where the Maximus 18 steps in.
so the baffle/flat pack is not problem as long as I can get a layout and cut sheet.
What's your opinion on this?
The Maximus would be a lot louder and play deeper; much better for parties.
But not as deep as 1 or 2 SI-18's, you could always get those later if still not enough depth.

Also with 2.0, movies won't be as enveloping without 2 or 4 surrounds. You should do at least Fusion 8's or whatnot.

I built my baffles all by myself, it's easy, and I don't even have good tools or woodskills.
I went rambo with no blueprint (Look mom, no hands! :p Commando: skirt with no panties.)

I'm going mad
It is the 20ft of snow and cabin fever setting in.
This place has the Shine, now do you like icecream Doc? (Yes.)
What flavor Doc? (Tony says: RedRum elevator flavor... )
Here's Johnny... :p

·
Banned
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I haven't found a cheap way to ship to Alaska. I left a message at a local packaging company on Monday asking what they recommended but haven't heard back. I do go there on Fridays though, so hopefully they will have an answer.

The 1099 without a flat pack weighs about 40lbs if I recall. The package is 41" x 16" x 6" and comes from 45239. I'll double check the weight in the morning.
If I went the Maximus route could buy a few select parts from you?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts