AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to buy a canon g30 to film some hunting footage and I think I'll need at least 20x zoom. Will the prices be going down with all these company's coming out with these new affordable 4k cameras? I'd even be interested in buyjng a used one from someone on here after they upgrade to 4k.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by treetrimmer01  /t/1521996/im-going-to-but-a-canon-g30-will-price-go-down-with-4k-getting-cheaper#post_24466936

I am going to buy a canon g30 to film some hunting footage and I think I'll need at least 20x zoom. Will the prices be going down with all these company's coming out with these new affordable 4k cameras? I'd even be interested in buyjng a used one from someone on here after they upgrade to 4k.

Hi treetrimmer - I don't think it's going to be marked down that much more. It's already down $400 from its introductory $1799 price (e.g., $1399 at Adorama with a free copy of Sony Vegas Pro 12 ).

You can get a new one with a USA warranty for a couple of dollars less from a Canon authorized dealer via eBay (e.g., this one for $1397 from PMI Digital ).

I'm a big believer in warranties - I just spent $309 on an out-of-warranty repair

Hope this is helpful!

Bill
Hybrid Camera Revolution

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
The Sony FDR-AX100 4K Ultra HD Camcorder with 12x Optical Zoom & 24x Clear Image Zoom might be a better choice since it will be future proof.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunerww  /t/1521996/im-going-to-but-a-canon-g30-will-price-go-down-with-4k-getting-cheaper#post_24467291

I'm a big believer in warranties - I just spent $309 on an out-of-warranty repair

Bill,

Visa Card benefits include a "double factory" warranty for everything you buy with their card.

I just spent about $250 for a Sony repair. I was 2 months past the 1 year Sony warranty. It took a couple weeks and a some paper work, but Visa Card Services sent me a check to cover the repair invoice.

If you bought with a Visa card you might get your $309 back.

Good luck!

Bill (the other one)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts