AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After putting the tubes back in my Marquee 9000 last night and working through a couple small problems, I got it working very nicely (with your help).

Today, I needed to ceiling mount it, so since it was about 30 minute of work to remove the tubes, I did that and placed plastic over the backplane, then a towell over the plastic, then another layer of plastic (see picture).

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I then mounted it on the ceiling and put it back together again. Now, upon starting it up, I get no menu, no messages, nada. Using the remote,I can adjust brightness but not contrast (don't see menu with either one).

What I've done so far is look over all my connectors to make sure they are all in place, without skipping a pin or anything. Also performed a hard reset. No change in problem. :(

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
Looks like retrace lines from too high G2 to me.

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those lines are stationary and don't budge. It was the same raster with and without RGB input.

G2 is set the same as last night when it worked fine.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
9,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by CZ Eddie
I THINK I GOT IT, BY GEORGE I'VE GOT IT,,,,,THE RAIN IN SPAIN STAYS MAINLY IN THE PLAIN (by George he's got it, by George he's got it). :D

Forgot to connect the red, blue and green mini-RCA's to the VIM.
I think you're right!:D

Well, at least you're getting some experience. ;)

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by CZ Eddie
I THINK I GOT IT.

Forgot to connect the red, blue and green mini-RCA's to the VIM.
I did that once when re-installing the VIM. Scared the hell out of me for about 5 minutes! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Larry Fine
I did that once when re-installing the VIM. Scared the hell out of me for about 5 minutes! :rolleyes:
5 minutes? You must have alot of projector experience. :D

I was scared that my risky move of putting a plastic covered towel over my backplane had caused some static damage.

All's well now and the projector is ceiling mounted (did it myself) and I've now put tubes in a projector TWICE, in three days. It's actually pretty damn easy if you can keep track of all the connections.

Yeah, Techman... I'm getting experience for sure. :p

Time for a system reset and 30 minutes of setup, followed by Pizza and Con Air. My poor 15" subwoofer hasn't been used in about two months. I think it'll get a workout tonight. :D

Btw... also figured out tonight that I can use my 15" monitor on the "local monitor" output of the Extron 109xi, so now I can surf the net on the monitor and keep the projector off, except for movies and por.... uh, other things. lol

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Eddie

Tell us you didn't use the Projector Feet to mount with did you? If you did, those could pull apart any second. Use Bolts, Dude!

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by tim
Eddie

Tell us you didn't use the Projector Feet to mount with did you? If you did, those could pull apart any second. Use Bolts, Dude!
NO WAY, Tim.

I did my research.

The date is off on all my pics, btw. By one or two days. I've gotta fix that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.