AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in the market for a 58" to 60" plasma & need some advice. Id like to keep the price under $2000. I was looking at the Panny 58" S1, & the Samsung 58" B650 & the LG 60ps60. Does anybody have any input on my choices or can they recommend something else?

Thanks

·
Registered
8,497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tboo /forum/post/18205268

Im in the market for a 58" to 60" plasma & need some advice. Id like to keep the price under $2000. I was looking at the Panny 58" S1, & the Samsung 58" B650 & the LG 60ps60. Does anybody have any input on my choices or can they recommend something else?

Thanks

The LG60ps60 only rates Very Good with SD material. Your other choices should rate Excellent with SD material. Sound from the built-in speakers varies across different models. The other issue that seems to pop up fairly frequently is buzz. I don't know that any brand or model is completely immume to buzz, but not all panels of any size or brand have the buzz problem.

I tend to favor Panasonic. The V series is tempting but the price differential is hard to justify (unless you are a perfectionist). Too bad you can't use a 65. The Panny 65 S 1 is a very good buy right now.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyboy /forum/post/18205474

The LG60ps60 only rates Very Good with SD material. Your other choices should rate Excellent with SD material. Sound from the built-in speakers varies across different models. The other issue that seems to pop up fairly frequently is buzz. I don't know that any brand or model is completely immume to buzz, but not all panels of any size or brand have the buzz problem.

I tend to favor Panasonic. The V series is tempting but the price differential is hard to justify (unless you are a perfectionist). Too bad you can't use a 65. The Panny 65 S 1 is a very good buy right now.

With the LG im more worried about its black levels. I havent seen any reivews praising its black levels.

·
Registered
222 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tboo /forum/post/18205547

With the LG im more worried about its black levels. I havent seen any reivews praising its black levels.

On the samsung you can enter the service menu of the 550 and change the model to "upgrade" it...I think as high as a 590. There's a thread on it here somewhere.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitown_badger /forum/post/18205781

On the samsung you can enter the service menu of the 550 and change the model to "upgrade" it...I think as high as a 590. There's a thread on it here somewhere.

If you can find it let me know

Thanks

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update: One of my local dealers made me an offer on a 58" Panasonic V10 that I couldnt refuse. It should be available for me to pick up later this week. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottavexpert /forum/post/18220717

Go with a Panasonic you wont regret it. I have a 50" and absolutely love it.

I did. See above post

·
Banned
518 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts