Rears

Aperion Intimus 534-SS

Subwoofer

Aperion Intimus S-12

Please give me input.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
IMO...Aperion everything, keep the Axiom SQ8 surrounds (the only speaker I really liked from Axiom), and forget the Aperion sub, and go for HSU, Dayton, eD (loooong lead times), Epik, Cadence, or SVS. Any of those in the same price range of the Aperion, will be better.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I'd say go with Aperion, they offer a free 30-day in home audition.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazersteven /forum/post/12924687

Before I paid $600 for the Aperion Intimus 632's, I would be all over the Ascend CMT-340 SE. JMO

http://www.ascendacoustics.com/pages...m/cmt340m.html

Mazer that is a good call, but now we are going to start throwing him other brands and series. He has a winning combo, just like there are many other winning combos out there, so why mess with his head...

·
Registered
2,784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR Audio /forum/post/12924712

so why mess with his head...

Sound quality.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR Audio /forum/post/12924712

Mazer that is a good call, but now we are going to start throwing him other brands and series. He has a winning combo, just like there are many other winning combos out there, so why mess with his head...

Too late... my head is already messed with.
So these speakers, they are mini-towers or bookshelf L/R speakers? How are they better than the Aperion?

Also, that's a long list of subs... I just really started researching HT speakers having only 2 way Pioneer speakers coupled with a Marantz 2270 receiver, both from the 70s. Could you point me in one particular direction? A sub with tight controlled bass (no muddy) and a nice deep and rich end?

·
Registered
2,784 Posts

·
Registered
2,784 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alright, I modified my list...

Onkyo TX-SR805 7.1 Surround Sound

Center Channel

Aperion Intimus 634 or

Ascend CMT-340

Fronts

Ascend CMT-340 SE

Middles

Axiom QS8

Rears

Aperion Intimus 534-SS

Subwoofer

Cadence CSX-15 or

HSU VTF-3 HO or

AV123 MFW-15 Subwoofer

Am I heading the right direction now?

·
Registered
720 Posts
You need to have your fronts and center channel timber matched so if you want the Ascends front speakers get the Ascend center channel speakers. You're surrounds don't matter as much but it would also be better if the matched the fronts. Subs don't really matter, get whatever you want.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triaxtremec /forum/post/12925077

You need to have your fronts and center channel timber matched so if you want the Ascends front speakers get the Ascend center channel speakers. You're surrounds don't matter as much but it would also be better if the matched the fronts. Subs don't really matter, get whatever you want.

Thank you. I think I'll lean towards that now.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts

·
Registered
2,784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterAudio7 /forum/post/12925251

So, instead of the Aperion, get the CBM-170s?

Yes get a complete Ascend system.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazersteven /forum/post/12925352

Yes get a complete Ascend system.

My head is swimming....
Thanks for the help though. I am sure it will help. Two more Qs though... if you were to pick SVS or AV123, which would you pick? Also, why not HSU?

·
Registered
7,321 Posts
All 3 are great choices at this point... I am an SVS fanboy... as you can see in this picture.... http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...amilyPhoto.jpg

But I don't think you can get a bad sub from any in that price range...

They will all produce massive amounts of bass...

As for the speakers... It is a head spinning descision... so just take your time and read up on all the different brands... I didn't see where you actually mentioned a budget for everything you are interested in...

·
Registered
1,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterAudio7 /forum/post/12925381

My head is swimming....
Thanks for the help though. I am sure it will help. Two more Qs though... if you were to pick SVS or AV123, which would you pick? Also, why not HSU?

I knew this would happen...

Read the reviews on the subs. IMO, HSU VTF2-MK3 fill your needs very well.

Also, Axiom SQ8 is a dipole speaker that disperses sound all over the room. I would recommend to keep this as your side surrounds, even if you go with your other 5 speakers from Ascend or Aperion.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts