AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had this site bookmarked years ago but have since lost it. There used to be a website that gave recommendations for T.V.s (as well as other appliances). You answer several questions based on criteria important to HDTV using radio buttons. In the end the site would give you several suggestions with links to manufacturer's websites as well as online deals. Sorry I can't give more but this is all I remember.

Thanks,

Lydokane

·
Registered
501 Posts
I would say that the display devices section of this forum would be more useful (and accurate) than any website like what you describe. There are many experts on this forum who can give real world advice.

·
Registered
10,880 Posts
I agree with k_ross. Many of those "consumers" sites (epinion, etc.) list comments from users with little technical knowledge.

·
Registered
179 Posts
It sounds like a gimmick for the uninformed and easily influenced.

There is no way it can take into accounts like the aesthetic qualities of a tv, whether or not it is on sale or whether it will fit in your car when you take it home.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond42262 /forum/post/18288459

It sounds like a gimmick for the uninformed and easily influenced.

There is no way it can take into accounts like the aesthetic qualities of a tv, whether or not it is on sale or whether it will fit in your car when you take it home.

I think the intent was to display the various qualities and elements of the various tv's as a subjective opinion. Anyone interested can look at the various tv's in person or on the web and also discover if they might be on sale .

·
Registered
179 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by adb /forum/post/18291184

I think the intent was to display the various qualities and elements of the various tv's as a subjective opinion. Anyone interested can look at the various tv's in person or on the web and also discover if they might be on sale .

OK. That makes sense. My mistake.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,722 Posts
Post what you want to do & how much you want to spend, and you'll gets lots of suggestions right here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts