AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I'm looking to upgrade just the front left and right speakers of my energy take classic maybe for some bookshelf speaker with some more full and deep sound.

My set up is

Energy take classic 5.0

Denon 1612

Bic america f12

Please help I can't spend more than $200 for now

Are the energy cb10 would be a good match?

And My apartment is a small studio

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
332 Posts
You will want to do the front 3 at the same time and match them. Or at least plan to buy the matching center in the near future.

The Andrew Jones bookshelves and center would be $224 from Amazon.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Have you looked into a used pair of Energy RC10's ? I have the take classic in my downstairs family room, working on completing a better HT setup in out multipurpose room and currently using the bookshelf

Energy RC10's as fronts as I look for some more used gear to complete the RC setup, they pack quite a punch for their size, there's also a member with some FS in the classifieds.

·
Registered
332 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldogutihe  /t/1508112/im-looking-to-upgrade-my-energy-take-classic-front-speakers#post_24127489

Thanks, are these better than the energy cb10?

I'm not really sure. The cb10 and matching center would be quite a bit more than $224 though. As mentioned, you could look for gently used stuff too.

I'm not saying that's the only option. Just one of many good possibilities. A lot of people praise the Cambridge Audio bookshelves as well.

Reactions: Aldogutihe

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Auceny

I want to spend arround $200 right now for the 2 side ones and later I'll get the center for arround other $200 but I recently lern that I need matxhing ones

·
Registered
6,943 Posts
You can get the def tech sm350/450 bookshelf speakers can be had for around 200 from new egg. Also, you can find great deals on the Cambridge audio s30s (again, around 200/pr)...I have heard both and both are good speakers and great buys at current prices! I have not been a fan of the pioneer speakers, but man that price is hard to beat!

Reactions: Aldogutihe

·
Registered
19,788 Posts
The Cambridge Audio S30 speakers are a solid option -and the bass will go down low

The S50 is the matching center.
http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/brand/cambridge%20audio/results/1.html

Another good solid option is the Philharmonic Audio AAL modded Pioneer speakers,

the modded BS22 is $150 and the center C22 is $90 > they are a clear step up over

the Pioneer stock speakers. And, I prefer them over the stock Cambridge speaker >

and I really do like the Cambridge, which was my favorite budget speaker.
http://philharmonicaudio.com/folio-me/html/Phil%20Pages/AALS.html

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks to all I'm going to best buy to see more options

I read too that you want to start with the center and start working from there, any good ones? 200 to 300

·
Registered
19,788 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldogutihe  /t/1508112/im-looking-to-upgrade-my-energy-take-classic-front-speakers#post_24129778

I read too that you want to start with the center and start working from there, any good ones? 200 to 300

In general, it is the center that anchors the front. I would build around the left and right channels,

then do the center.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldogutihe  /t/1508112/im-looking-to-upgrade-my-energy-take-classic-front-speakers#post_24129778

Best Buy Magnolia carries Definitive Technology speakers which are very nice. It would be worth your time giving them a listen. 

·
Registered
6,943 Posts
New egg has the def tech sm350 for 199! I own those and they are very good for that price

·
Registered
1,589 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elihawk  /t/1508112/im-looking-to-upgrade-my-energy-take-classic-front-speakers#post_24133547

New egg has the def tech sm350 for 199! I own those and they are very good for that price

I would second this. Def Tech studio series bookshelves are quite good for their price ( if priced well ). I would search in the used market as well if you can live with something used.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm getting the def tech sm 450 they are $350 at new egg right now, I'm just going to wait till they go cheaper

Thanks to all for the advice I would come back when I'm gettind the center to match it

1 - 20 of 36 Posts