AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this is a very short question. Can I place my speakers that came with my home thether with ones from a diffent brand and better? And if I do and I replace my rear ones will it make them louder? Thanks for your time!

·
Registered
937 Posts
Hello NeedshelpNOW!

The answer is probably, but it would help if you provided a link to the product info -- some packages come with proprietary interfaces that would interfere with this.

Will they play louder? Well, only if they are more efficient. To answer we need the specs for the current speakers and also the new ones you have in mind.

Regards, Michael

·
Registered
15,079 Posts
Needs,

Unfortunately, you misunderstood Michael's question. He meant to ask which "home theater in a box" you have.

There are many different models from many different manufacturers. Some of them use connections that can only work with that manufacturer's hardware. Some, like JVC, include a standard receiver that uses standard speaker connections. Some have very low power amlifiers that will only work with very efficient speakers. Some have the amplifier built into the "subwoofer," not into the "receiver."

Without knowing which you have, people can only guess what might work.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Needs (or is it Mr Now?)

Selden is right, and also explained it more clearly than I did. The Cambridge Model Six looks ok and Cambridge makes good quality low budget speakers. Are they better or louder ?? Well, let us know the manufacturer and model of your current system, a link if possible and we can make a comparison.

Regards, Michael

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.