AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a barco 1208s, when I bought it i looked at all the crt's without the lenses on and they were in excelent shape, however when I finally put up the PJ, I noticed when I increased the picture geometry to where it should be I have a Light red square on most of the screen that's most visible on white scenes. The outside perimiter of the screen shows an image that doesn't have the red tint. Can anyone confirm my worst fears? Is it burned?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
The good news: your red tube is not burned or worn. :)

The bad news, your blue and or green tubes are. :(

This is not burn, just normal wear.

You will have to keep the same raster size, or replace 1 (blue, most likely) (or more) CRT's.

Vern Dias

·
Registered
90 Posts
It sound as if your overscanning on the red, the red is being clipped by the edge of the tube...

[WARNING] - the following is dangerous.... to your vision...

Turn the contrast down so that the image is just visible when you look into the tube and see if the image is being clipped by the edge of the tube.

[/WARNING]

(Keystone correction can cause clipping in a corner)

If you have a burnt tube, it is usually burnt in the middle, so on an all red image, the center will be darker than the edges - the only exception is if there was a permanant logo shown, but this should have been just been noticable when you looked at the tubes when buying

I would sugest that you follow all the instruction on setting the unit up and correcting the convergence with a standard sized image. and checking this for 'burning' before increasing the size of the scanning..

For a bigger image move the projector back...

Sometime if the PJ is at a large angle - the image size is reduced...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.