AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My step father has a 50" (kds-r50xbr1) which is a sont 1080i hdtv. I was hoping to find out someone else who has the same set that had the tv calibrated that could give me the video settings of the calibration. I know each set is different but it would give him a farerely decent starting point. We tried the Avia disc but we are both mentally challenged. It was way harder to set up then I anticipated. I have a 73" mits. and I got the calibration settings from someone in the forum and am very pleased with the results I see. And that is what matters in the end. As long as I am happy. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If anybody had these settings for this type of tv or can direct me to where I could find them I would greately appreciate it. And no he doesent have money to get it profesionally calibrated. Unless someone would want a case of beer or something like that to do it. Thanks

·
Registered
1,071 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkserpant /forum/post/16923045

My step father has a 50" (kds-r50xbr1) which is a sont 1080i hdtv. I was hoping to find out someone else who has the same set that had the tv calibrated that could give me the video settings of the calibration. I know each set is different but it would give him a farerely decent starting point. We tried the Avia disc but we are both mentally challenged. It was way harder to set up then I anticipated. I have a 73" mits. and I got the calibration settings from someone in the forum and am very pleased with the results I see. And that is what matters in the end. As long as I am happy. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If anybody had these settings for this type of tv or can direct me to where I could find them I would greately appreciate it. And no he doesent have money to get it profesionally calibrated. Unless someone would want a case of beer or something like that to do it. Thanks

There are settings in the xbr1 thread.

And the xbr1 upscales to 1080p, so it really is a 1080p display even though it only accepts 1080i.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkserpant /forum/post/16923045

Off of CNET.

Picture menu:

Mode: Custom

Advanced iris: Min

Picture: 84

Brightness: 56

Color: 41

Hue: 0

Color temp: Warm2

Sharpness: 50

Noise reduction: Off

--Advanced Settings--