AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe I am retarted but it seems that ABC is skipping every other episode of Lost the last few weeks. I didnt catch them on first airing and was hoping to watch it in reruns. I thought maybe they had put it on two nights a week but my RTV Tvguide only shows it as Wed 10pm. And each Wed I watch it (Well really on Thursday, duh!) and the previously on Lost shows stuff that I never saw.

Warning: Spoiler dont read below if you havnt been watching Lost.

Now I honestly dont care about the show anymore, it was really good but I missed the episode where Ian was introduced and Claire kidnapped.

Then this last week all the sudden Claire is back and they are saying Charlie shot Ian. WHOA! Thats a big jump in storyline. The part that really sucks is that I no longer want to watch it on DVD because the suspense is gone.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snickersbar
...Warning: Spoiler dont read below if you havnt been watching Lost.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Now I honestly dont care about the show anymore, it was really good but I missed the episode where Ian was introduced and Claire kidnapped.

Then this last week all the sudden Claire is back and they are saying Charlie shot Ian. WHOA! Thats a big jump in storyline. The part that really sucks is that I no longer want to watch it on DVD because the suspense is gone.
:cool:

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Yeah, they skipped about 4-5 episodes of Lost. I know because I was trying to get HD mpeg2 archives from episodes I previously had only SD (from replay) or mpeg4 (from torrents). Making a DVD out of downconverted HD mpeg2 transport sources looks very nice compared to SD mpeg2 from replay or even compared to mpeg4 HD torrent files. Not sure it was worth all the effort and time but I'm very close to having the entire season 1 of Lost on 9 commercial-free anamorphic widescreen DVDs downconverted from HD sources (just need this and next week episodes to complete it). I'm sure the commercial version will look better than what I have but I'm pretty happy with it and I learned a few things along the way. I plan to re-watch the entire season 1 shortly before season 2 begins.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WTF? Why would they skip 4 episodes? That really ruined the story for me and even though I was planning on buying the DVD set, now I will pass. :(

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Quote:
WTF? Why would they skip 4 episodes? That really ruined the story for me ...
Unfortunately, the networks are notorious for this sort of thing. They show the episodes out of order or skip some altogether. Because of this, it's a good idea to get of list of all the episodes before trying to catch up on a particular series. I use epguides.com for this purpose.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I was also starting to enjoy the show until they started missing episodes.

Whats the point of showing reruns if you miss episodes.

Pretty dumb!

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Thanks Jeff. I have mpeg4 HD torrents for episodes I didn't record/save in HD myself so I think that will do.

Be warned for those still trying to follow the show for the 1st time that this week will be #17 In Translation and then next week it's showing a jump to #19 Deus Ex Machina. No idea why they are skipping critical episodes such as #18 Numbers. They did have re-runs during the season so perhaps they are skipping all the ones for which they already re-ran. So much for the promise of re-running everything uninterrupted though... they are starting to kill off the show for some viewers already.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I have recorded all of the shows in HD except for #17. I thought it would be on in a few weeks, but now I see it's on tomorrow night. Almost missed it.

Also, they are showing #18 Numbers next week. It is on at 9pm and then #19 Deus Ex Machina is on at 10pm. We get 2 episodes next Wednesday.

Thanks again

octavian

·
Registered
5,888 Posts
I too missed Lost when first shown and tried to catch up this summer. The first time my wife and I realized that they were skipping was the time I realized that poopli was my friend.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
You may find that episodes of Lost don't really make any more sence in order than they do at random.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by octavian
Also, they are showing #18 Numbers next week. It is on at 9pm and then #19 Deus Ex Machina is on at 10pm. We get 2 episodes next Wednesday.
Right on, hadn't noticed that. That will complete my mpeg2 HD recordings then if they stick to schedule and show both. Thanks.

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj
Right on, hadn't noticed that. That will complete my mpeg2 HD recordings then if they stick to schedule and show both. Thanks.
Damn, that's close to 200GB just for one show! I wish I had been smart enough to do that! =)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj
I hope you don't need tonights show (#17 In Translation) in HD. The show will not be in HD because the ABC HD router is down for service. What a bummer. The one episode I'm missing and their not going to show it in HD.

octavian

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Quote:
Maybe I am retarted but it seems that ABC is skipping every other episode of Lost the last few weeks.

I guess they assume if you expect that, then you will buy the DVDs to get the "missing" episodes. I really hate shows that do that too, but I've stopped watching very many reruns of shows. Lost isn't that good in rerun unless you are looking for clues or the numbers.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Quote:
Maybe I am retarted but . . . . . .
When I first read your thread topic, I hoped for your sake ABC was, indeed, screwing up.

Alas, you are correct and likely not retarded. What an annoying and dumb methodology. I really don't understand why they think this is the proper way to attract new viewers.

For the moment, I'll go with Serra:

"I guess they assume . . . . you will buy the DVDs to get the "missing" episodes."

Regards,

Warren

·
Registered
6,497 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Isn't it impossible to show all the episodes in reruns unless they double up? Aren't there fewer weeks in the summer than there are episodes in a season?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.