AVS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IS IT WORTH IT? iVE BEEN OFFERED $900 FOR MY KLIPSCH RF-7 AND

CDT-5800-C SPEAKERS. THIS IS ALL SO I CAN GET SOME VIENNA ACCOUSTICS. MY FATHER INLAW OFFERED THE VIENNA'S TO ME FOR $600 ( PAIR OF BACHS AND 3 WALTZ ALL ROSE WOOD) AND I ACCEPTED. BUT KNOW I HAVE TO PAY HIM AND IM WONDERING IF SELLING MY KLIPSCH SPEAKERS IS WORTH IT. ARE THE RF-7's ( mint, maple) AND THE CDT-5800-C'S (mint) WORTH ONLY $900?

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
Vienna Acoustics are highly regarded speaker. I think the retail on the Bach's is somewhere between $1500-$1900. The Waltz are at least $650 each. So you can see that you are making out very good in this deal. If you like their sound, I would do it. You would have a full 5 speakers that should give you years of listening pleasure. But it is only a good deal if you have heard them and like them.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
In another thread everyone told you that you're father in-law is offering you a ridiculous price for those. There were people that were willing to buy them from you at a higher price. Take the VA deal, sell the Klipsch, pocket $300.00. It is a Win Win situation for you!!!

Are you scared of the deal, or of your father in-law??? Go with it.

If you're afraid buy a dog, along with the speakers.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Vienna Acoustics may not be the Rolls Royce but their pedigree is far better than the Klipsch Reference line. I now have a basement full of RF-5s and RF-3s series (RC-3, RS-3 and KSW-12) that I wish I could sell for 600.00! I would take the deal and thank the gods for smiling on me.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Let's look at it from a different perspective than "Am I getting value at $900 for my Klipsch speakers. You are trading up to a better speaker in the same way someone trades up to a better home when they move. You buy a home in hopes for the most part it is a stepping stone to something better. If you think the VA's are better than the Klipsch you own, then it really doesn't matter what you get for the RF-7's and C as long as they can facilitate you getting the speakers you think are better. In this case, the investment you made in the Klipsch speaker are being passed into the VA's. The money you spent on them is not lost if you consider the VA's to be better. You are merely upgrading through your current speakers. Now in this case, you are actually getting more for the Klipsch than you need to spend on the VA's. This is like (assuming you think the VA's are the superior speaker) moving from the Bayside Queens to Roslyn and pocketing a third of what the Bayside home cost in the process.

Stop worrying about what you have and start thinking about what you are getting.

·
Registered
7,321 Posts
Dump the ear bleeders, and scoop up the phenomenal deal being laid out to you and don't look back...

Let me get this right, your worried about going from this

To this...?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpdrv /forum/post/12976877

Dump the ear bleeders, and scoop up the phenomenal deal being laid out to you and don't look back...

Let me get this right, your worried about going from this

To this...?

They have one less driver...

·
Registered
7,321 Posts
Supplement those with a nice quality sub, and you got yourself a excellent sounding system, for cheap... Just looking at the prices $2195 list Bach's and 3 x $699.00 = $3K in my book... Thats quite the upgrade to better quality...
Congrats

Stash those Klipsch speaks away if you fell you can't part with them... They'll be classics some day....

·
Registered
1,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpdrv /forum/post/12978485

Supplement those with a nice quality sub, and you got yourself a excellent sounding system, for cheap... Just looking at the prices $2195 list Bach's and 3 x $699.00 = $3K in my book... Thats quite the upgrade to better quality...
Congrats

Stash those Klipsch speaks away if you fell you can't part with them... They'll be classics some day....

In my book it is $2,097.00, but why argue over $903.00...Just kiddin!

Stash them away, and wait to see if they become classics, then they will be worth less than the $900.00 you can get now.

·
Registered
83 Posts
How about this. I'll give your father in law $600 for that package you can keep you current setup and not have to worry anymore? Sound like a plan?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jv225 /forum/post/12980718

How about this. I'll give your father in law $600 for that package you can keep you current setup and not have to worry anymore? Sound like a plan?

Sorry, this was openly discussed in another thread, and my offer was $800.00, someone else offered $900.00...You are late to the dance...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts