AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I actually have a GML for Girder3.1/3.2 but it is lacking a command set for "Reset Card" in Dscaler. I tried random guessing the wparam but couldn't come up with it. (Obviously I'm very limited in my knowledge of Girder and since there is no real documentation available I'm stuck.) I tried 'trolling' over at the girder website but no luck there. I realise that this is probably a 'long-shot', but ...can anybody here help me?

·
Central Scrutinizer
8,301 Posts
Hello monomer!

If you tell me which version of DScaler you are using, where I can get it, and where the "reset card" feature is located, I willl be glad to do it for you and post the file back here. Do you just need the one command "reset card"?

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So its Bob to the rescue again... man, I owe you alot already...

I'm using Dscaler 4.1.8 and you can get it right here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/deinterlace/

Yeah, I have almost a complete GML of Dscaler... except for the 'reset card' command, which usually is not necessary to do... but after I recently installed WinDVR, whenever I start Dscaler for the first time in a new window session it initializes and causes the audio to not sync properly in Dscaler until I "reset card". Being lazy like I am, I would rather have my Pronto reset the card whenever I start Dscaler. I'd surely appreciate whatever you could do to help.

Again, Thanks!!! Bob!!!!

·
Central Scrutinizer
8,301 Posts
I haven't used DScaler in some time. How do you "reset card"? All I could find was "Reset Statistics" under the "actions" menu. Once I can find the command, then I can get it into Girder for you.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bob, I was at work... that was why I couldn't give you the precise location of "reset card". I wanted to be sure. I'm home now... you can find "reset card" under the DShow heading, its the 3rd item from the bottom.

·
Central Scrutinizer
8,301 Posts
Well, something is wrong, as I don't have any menu item labeled "Dshow". I figure this must be your capture card driver providing this information and is not specific to DScaler, in which case my information would not help you anyway.

Ok, here's how you will need to proceed. With DScaler already open and ready for action:

1. Open the main Girder Window.

2. Create a command called "Card Reset"

3. Choose the "command" tab in the lower right portion of the Girder window.

4. Hit the button labeled "Capture"

5. In the new window, hit the "start capture" button

6. Now perform the actual card reset using DScaler.

7. Hit the "Stop Capture" button.

8. You will now find a list of commands that were captured since you hit the "Start Capture" button. One of those commands is the one that you want (probably second from the bottom of the list), and by experimenting a little and using some common sense you should be able to figure out which one triggers the card reset.

9. Highlight that command and then hit the "apply" button, both in the capture window and then in the main Girder window.

10. You should now see Wparam and LParam figures (one or both) filled in.

11. Now hit the "target" button and drag the target icon in the upper right hand corner into the DScaler window (anywhere) so that Girder knows where to apply the command you have defined.

12. In the target selector window, now hit "ok" and the window should close.

If you have done everything properly, just highlight the new command in the left hand portion of the Girder window and then hit F5 to test the command. If you did everything correctly, then your card should now reset.

Please let me know how this works for you and if you have any problems with my instructions (I am pretty much doing this by memory).

Not only have you solved your problem (hopefully), but you have now learned how to capture Windows commands and can use this method in the future, as it is a very dependable method of executing commands. :)

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damn Bob, you are good... how do you know so much?

It works! and best of all is I've learned how to do something new...

Thanks buddy... I guess I owe you yet another one...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.