AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She has been indifferently supportive of my efforts to build a home theater. She does enjoy sitting in there and watching a movie but shrugs her shoulders and says "whatever" when I tweak the CRT because there is something that is "just not right" in the picture.

We went to see Star Wars Episode II at the IMAX at the Smithsonian's Natural History museum. The sheer size of the picture was worth the ticket price, but there were problems with the image. Some scenes were clear and crisp, others were very soft, digital artifacts were evident, and the image seemed to lack 3-dimensionality in a number of places. I was thinking these things during the movie and while leaving the museum, but wasn't going to say anything to my wife for fear of "ruining" the experience. Well....as we left we were talking about the movie when she said some of the scenes seemed out of focus! :eek: I was surprised. She noticed this and actually thought about it enough to mention it in the course of conversation.....I'm so proud! ;)

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
My Girlfriend used to hate me tweeking, but loved the home theater. I would be trying to tweek to cries of "looks fine to me"... "do you have to do that now?" ... "Can't we just watch a movie now?" etc and so on and so forth.

Well one weekend she was complaining that she was a little bored. So I said, why don't you come and help me tweek the PJ. After big sighs she agrees.

Talk about the best tweek upgrade ever.... I would be at the PJ (no remote) and she was up at the screen directing my convergence efforts. She was really good at it and I got a superfast convergence / geometry done with outstanding results.

- Rick

·
Registered
84 Posts
I got the question the other day "what is anamorphic", and she actual sat there and listened while I tried to explain it. I don't think she really got it but she was trying hard. It's amazing that I have a 16:9 masking and when there is a 2.35 movie, my wife doesn't even notice the difference, isn't ignorance bliss, but she still knows tons more now than when we first got together. God I love my Wife, if only the WAF was higher for that 18 inch sub woofer.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I'm really lucky in this regard too.

My girlfriend talks warmly about our joint converging experiences.

her at the screen, and my at the PJ with the remote...

what a team....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.