AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been out shopping for about a month now, checking the forums here and at Sound and Vision. Been to CC and SA (Orlando area). Looked at the mits,sammys, tosh, sony gw, and the hits. Haved loved the Hitachi since I first laid eyes on it but was a little apprehensive reading the forums at S and V (actually not much there on Hitachi's)> After reading the forums here it seems like if there ever was an issue as far as not liking the picture out of the box I would have no trouble tweaking or getting help tweaking if needed. I have pretty much read almost all the posts on this T.V. (boy my eyes hurt ) and I just can't say enough about the information I've received from so many sources. It has made me comfortable in my decision in my soon to be future purchase and I just wanted to Thank anyone who reads this for their time and interest on what was sometime a confusing (but FUN) upgrade to my home theater. My name is Sgtkev and this is my first but not my last post.

·
Registered
542 Posts
As a new owner of a 57SWX20B myself, I can't say enough about the set. It needed a bit of convergence tweaking out of the box, and I still need to deal with the red push (doesn't look too bad to me, though), but I'm awestruck by how good everything looks.

Even my wife likes it :)

--

- Jeff

·
Registered
26 Posts
Having bought a 51swx 2 weeks ago (soon to be exchanged for a 65") I can tell you 2 things...

#1 Fix the red push, it's an absolutely incredible improvement. Spider-man was my referance DVD, it's honestly night and day. Completely unwatchable when I first got my TV and near brilliance now.

#2 You're draw will drop when the TV has had a sufficient break in period. Mine finally floored me today, I've been going through all kinds of DVD's and xbox games taking in all the eye candy. It truly is incredible the differance breaking a tv in can do.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I went with 65xwx and really love this box. I have done some basic tweaks but decided on the ISF route {sch - Dec 30th} I saw an SWS65 that was ISF'D and after my basic tweakin realized reaching that same quality was out of my league - but bet your'e #$% I'll be taking notes !!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Congrat's on your purchase. I've had my 57TWX20B for almost 2 weeks and DVDs are starting to look incredible. DIRECTV looks pretty good, except for the 4:3 expand mode on the sides. Cartoons/Anime look awesome on this HDTV. I'm glad I made the purchase.

John

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hey neighbor... I just got the 51uwx, and I can't say enough about it... I'm waiting with an-tici----------pation for the 'burn in' period to get done with. I've done a few tweaks and can't believe the improvement :)

·
Registered
972 Posts
Looks like there are several of us from Central Florida here with the Hitachi (I have the 65XWX). I wonder if there is an ISF tech locally who would give a group discount? :) I'm probably going to be waiting a while for this though as we still haven't recovered from the sticker shock.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by RichUF
Looks like there are several of us from Central Florida here with the Hitachi (I have the 65XWX). I wonder if there is an ISF tech locally who would give a group discount? :) I'm probably going to be waiting a while for this though as we still haven't recovered from the sticker shock.
I am in Gainesville and it looks like I'll be getting either the 57 or 51 SWX and will be looking for an ISF calibration as well. Let me know by PM if you're able to find someone that's going to do it.

Frank

Gainesville, FL

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought the 57SWX20B at Sears today. $2999 - 10% - $99 (for out of stock free DVD player). It's being delivered Christmas Eve (Merry Christmas to me :) ) I too am considering the calibration as well, if there's a group discount.

·
Banned
29,681 Posts
probably not a group discount...

When a calibrator charges less......well you get less.

Time is money.

You can arange a tour and save and split travel costs, but labor is labor and it takes labor to do it right.

Anyone who can do it right, know there worth the money, more than what they charge in some cases.

Discounted calibration is not what you want....

If your going to do it, might as well do it right.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I live in SW Florida, about 90 min south of Tampa and will be looking into ISF after the holidays and after the break in. Say February sounds good. Anyone know a Florida ISF techie we can throw some money at?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I live in SWFL too!

Purchased a 50swx20b yesterday at sears. Got the 10% off, the dvd player, no interest till 2004 and talked him down an additional 100 bones!:)

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
One of the best ISF folks who happens to live in Florida is Louis Carliner. An eccentric perfectionist that produces amzing results.

Good Luck,

Dave

·
Registered
170 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DaveN
One of the best ISF folks who happens to live in Florida is Louis Carliner. An eccentric perfectionist that produces amzing results.

Good Luck,

Dave
Happen to have any contact info for him?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
In Central Florida I've found three calibrationist listed on the ISF website, one guy works out of his house in Sweetwater (if your familiar) and another is Absolute Sound in Winter Park, by the way, which is where I purchased my Definitive Tech speakers which are absolutly incredible. They also have another location listed in Altamonte Springs but I think they are more into designing home theaters than the techy stuff. After my 57swx breaks in I'm definitely going to be on the prowl and if you guys want I'll post $$ and results.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.