Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i got tired of waiting.

i'm putting in an order for Champion 42cvi, which is vertually same as panny 6uy.

my 1st question: Is there anything i should know that may change my mind b4 i put in the order.(i did my research and other then warrenty there is nothing that i think i should worry about or am i wrong?) i have electrograph location not to far from my house also.

my 2nd question:

if i do get it, which speackers to use?

i came across this:

Bose Acoustimass® 3 Speakers system

it includes 2 single cube speakers and 1 Acoustimass® module(ported subwoofer)

now specs show:

Compatible with receivers or amplifiers rated from 4 – 8 ohms

Compatible with receivers or amplifiers rated from 10 – 100 watts per channel

IEC rating: 50 watts per channel

do you think plasmas amp would be enough to power this system?

also champion claims their amp to push out 10 watts per channel compared to pannys 8watts p/ch.

any input is geatly apresiated

thanks

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Have you seen this thread: Component problems on Electrograph DTS4230 ?

You also said it is virtually the same as a Panny 6UY, but the internal electronics are different. The electronics are a significant factor in the performance of plasmas. My read of that thread tells me they are not just a Panasonic with a different name slapped on.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont think that Electrograph DTS4230 and Champion 42cvi are the same units however now i'm realy confused

can some one clear it up for me on who is who?:

Panny th-42pwd6uy

Electrograph DTS4230

Champion 42cvi

·
Registered
950 Posts
The Champion is not the same as the panny!!!!

It may use the panny glass, but it uses Sanyo Electronics, which are inferior to the panny electronics.

VB

·
Registered
316 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by evgeshais300
so i got tired of waiting.
Why not get a PA2OU and be done with it? You can still set it up to use your sound system.

elvis

·
Registered
191 Posts
Do not buy overpriced Bose speakers. Check out Paradigm Monitor, Energy Encore series that will blow away anything made by Bose.

If you listen to a lot of music, get a pair of main speakers along with a decent receiver, might as well make it the complete experience.

·
Registered
240 Posts
The Champion is the same as the Electrograph and neither are the same as the Panasonic. This is from someone who has owned the Electrograph. I was not happy with the unit and ended up returning it. I am now waiting for a Panasonic which should hopefully be delivered by the end of February.

IMHO I would keep waiting, you will be happier.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.