Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm running the following components:

Samsung HLN467W

HTPC: Athlon64 2800, Radeon 9600XT w/256, TT 2.0 and FFDshow SSE (can't remember exact version)

When I first installed the latest FFdshow with TT1.5 I was having issues with CPU load pinging 100% I screwed around for weeks trying to figure out what I was doing wrong in the setup until somebody finally mentioned using an older SSE maximized version (I assumed the latest version had this but apparently not) I downloaded the latest SSE version and it worked great with CPU load down around 55% I was never able to find settings I liked but at least it worked so I could play around with it if I wanted to.

I upgraded to TT 2.0 last week and decided to try FFDshow once again. Since I was never happy with FFDshow before I decided to start with Resize only and add items slowly. I unchecked everything except resize and moved the resizing down from 3 x resolution to my screen resolution (1280 x 720). Much to my surprise the CPU load was pinging 100% again and I had micro stutters. This seems really odd since most posts I've read are saying that their CPU load dropped with TT 2.0 With 1.5 I was running resize and two or three more filters. With 2.0 I'm only running resize and it's even at a lower resolution than before.........What could possibly be wrong?

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Well, for starters ffdshow support in TT2.0 is all messed-up (especially for resize - notice you can't get a proper aspect ratio to work). I suggest waiting for the first TT2.0 patch to come out. It is scheduled to come out later today... that's the latest word.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Same thing here! CPU usage pegged out at 100% w/ TT2.0 than the previous version, exact FFDSHOW settings, where it only went up to 60%. May be I need to upgrade to SP2 to get dx9c.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.