AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just bought the Dac magic plus to use with my Imac. I connect it using USB cable but it does not reconize my Dac magic plus at all. Please help me.

My Imac has OSX Version 10.7.4

·
Registered
266 Posts
The DACMagic Plus uses an XMOS chip for USB, so it should be recognized right away by your MAC. It is also set by default to USB 1.1 mode, so it should be recognized instantly by the MAC or any other OS. Are you using native USB 2.0 Hi-Speed outputs on your computer? Are you using a USB 2.0 Hi-Speed cable? Are you using a USB 2.0 cable longer than 3 meters? Get rid of it! Are you using a USB cable extender? Get rid of it!

Here is the procedure for setting the DACMagic Plus to USB 2.0 mode from Cambridge's user manual.
Quote:
Your DacMagic Plus will come set to driverless USB Audio Class 1.0 by default, but it can be

configured to run in either USB Class Audio 1.0 or 2.0 mode. To change USB Class, press in the

‘Filter/ Phase’ button during power up. One of the digital input source LEDs will illuminate to indicate

current USB setting: Digital 1 represents USB Audio Class 1.0, likewise Digital 2 is USB Audio Class

2.0. USB Class is selected by turning the Volume knob, once set simply press the Volume knob and

DacMagic Plus will restart in your chosen mode.

Otherwise, it should work immediately with your MAC. I am not a MAC guy so I cannot help further.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts