AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
10 days ago I started a thread stating my wife felt ill after I first set up the Sharp9000 and we watched 20 minutes of Zorro. I helpful suggestions and 'hang in there' encouragement from lots of people, so I thought I'd pass along an update of the situation.

Quick summary: All the problems are gone and we love the Sharp 9000.

We didn't watch anything on the 'big screen' for several days after the first time. I didn't want to reinforce the bad impression. A few days later we watched 'The Matrix' on a smaller TV. Right after seeing it on the small TV, I put 'The Matrix' up on the Sharp and we watched it without a problem. Next we watched 'Sense and Sensibility' and there were no problems with this movie either. Then we watched T2, and although there was definite motion blurring, it didn't bother her. Immediately after T2, I threw caution to the wind and we watched the same scenes from Zorro that bothered her before, and she was OK with them also.

Therefore, I would say that the first hurdle was simply that big screens take getting used to. Next, I think that the images from the Sharp 9000 are usually so crisp that it takes some getting used to its images when there is motion blur. It may also be that it took us a little time to get used to DLP images, but I think that is because we were used to softer and much lower contrast images (my smaller TV is a Sony KL-W9000 LCD RPTV).

Thanks everyone for your help!

Tim

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.