AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked the X1 up at Best Buy today to give it a try. I have hooked both X-Box and Gamecube to the machine and get the same problem... it always goes into 480i mode (even when using games that support 480p) and I get a double image... almost like split screen PiP. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Did you go into the menu on the xbox and select 480p. 720p and 1080i? Otherwise it will display in 480i.

Also, if you are going through the S-video port, it is 480i only. You have to go through the VGA port (with the special cable) to get progressive scan.

Also, keep in mind the Xbox dashboard is always 480i....confused yet? LOL

And if I remember right with the gamecube you have to press a button when loading or something to get progressive scan. (could be wrong....check manual for game)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know my X-Box and Cube are set up properly... used them before on our 47 inch WS RPTV. I am using the S-Video to Component adaptor to connect them to the machine with component connections. What VGA adapter are you talking about? Only one I can find is the standard VGA cable.

·
Registered
500 Posts
That's your problem then. The Component video throught the S-video port is interlaced only. You need a VESA to component adapter. It hooks into the vga port, thusly giving you progressive component intputs.

This is something the people at best buy should have told you before leaving the store. If you by chance happen to have or can buyy easily a vga to bnc cable, you can use that provide you buy bnc to rca ends for the red, green and blue. (radioshack for the ends)

Otherwise you have to order or buy the custom cable.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by douglas mcc
I know my X-Box and Cube are set up properly... used them before on our 47 inch WS RPTV. I am using the S-Video to Component adaptor to connect them to the machine with component connections. What VGA adapter are you talking about? Only one I can find is the standard VGA cable.
This is the cable you need. Order with the female component inputs to VGA output.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...category=32862

John :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.