AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not talking IR or burn in.

Do plasmas break in image wise. Better clarity and contrast?

I swear as I watched 4 hours of Planet earth on my brand spankin' new 1080p Pani the picture quality got better and better? Just want to make sure it's not me adjusting to the TV.

Thanks...

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Planet Earth has a range of quality on the disk. Some areas and animals look MUCH better than others. I'm actually watching Shallow Seas now. lol

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynn /forum/post/0

Planet Earth has a range of quality on the disk. Some areas and animals look MUCH better than others. I'm actually watching Shallow Seas now. lol

Yah I knew that but it just seemed that overall everything improved with time the bad quality wasn't as bad.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I've heard several reports in the past from different members that they thought their picture got better as it broke in. I don't recall this being so when I first got mine, but of course I was amazed from the beginning. So, maybe you are not just seeing things but it actually is getting better...who knows.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Flowerday /forum/post/0

Not talking IR or burn in.

Do plasmas break in image wise. Better clarity and contrast?

I swear as I watched 4 hours of Planet earth on my brand spankin' new 1080p Pani the picture quality got better and better? Just want to make sure it's not me adjusting to the TV.

Thanks...

Your brain is playing tricks on you. Light output in plasmas will gradually decrease over time. That's it. Salesmen are right next to lawyers in honesty.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
I did not notice a difference in 4 hours..but after 100 or so hours I thought my plasma looked better on the same content and picture settings I was watching at 4 hours. I believe plasma's do look better after a certain amount of time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.