AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a dlp projector with a 132" dia screen. It looks great with my DVD player and DVDO iScan. However my comcast cable channels are aweful. How do I correct this? I tried using a Samsung SIRT151 HDTV OTA Tuner, however the only channel that looked better was HDTV channel (which consisted of one in the DFW area). All other Digital Channels did not look any better than my comcast digital cable channels. What do I do to get HD quality using either OTA or comcast cable on a 132" dia screen?

Zeph

:mad:

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
I am stunned that the regular digital OTA channels (non-HD) did not look better than your Comcast channels which were almost certainly not digital (and even if they were, that rarely increases quality).

But the answer to your question is that there is nothing at all you can do. You cannot make low resolution channels look high resolution. Is there really only one HDTV channel in the DFW area? I find that hard to believe.

Mark

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks rogo for your reply. There are probably more, but at the time I was reviewing my Samsung HDTV Tuner there was only one on the air.

I was also shock to see that the image quality did not look better.

Z

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.